New drilled Brembo rotors make noise :( Normal?

Heyits750

Top Noobie
5+ Year Member
Hey guys...

I swapped out my old OEM rotors n put drilled Brembo's on and also put some ebc red stuff brakepads...
I followed the brake in priods for the pads with urban use lol and then after 500 miles or so when i slow down from 40 mph to 30 i hear a grinding sound.... any ideas? couldnt be warping... maybe defect? or could it be that those brake pads shouldnt be on drilled rotors? anyone? thx guyx

slomotion

Banned
aftermarket rotors that are totally cross drilled are gonna be noisy. i dont know what the "redstuff" pads are made of but if is a semi-metalic pad..........your gonna add a little more noise to the equation. i have EBC slotted and dimpled rotors and even with honda oem pads, there still noisy. the air between the pad face and the rotor dimple, or with you, between the two pads gets super hot. then when that area of the rotor leaves the pad face the air escapes, expands and you hear a kinda rapid fire snaping sound. just inspect and if nothing is damaged or wrong, then buy louder speakers! GL

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't have "Brembo" but I do have cross drilled/slotted rotors had em for a few yrs now with AEM Brake pads, they work great and no noise. I would contact Brembo and see if they have any suggestions....

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
those pads are VERY noisy at first.. make sure you break them in properly.. once broken in they are nice brake pads.. i had them on my car till i parted it out..

Heyits750

Top Noobie
5+ Year Member
I did do the break in period... but they make a noise only slowing down from 40 mph to 30 mph any idea's?

slomotion

Banned
Did U inspect again? what are ur padsmade of? and once again cross drilled rotors will make noise. roll ur window down on a quiete sunday morn and come to a few stops from varied speeds. ull see.