New ebay short shifter <$2. Huh?

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How long do these short shifters last? 2 minutes? How can these be so cheap? I have heard people claiming ebay shifters are sometimes even better than high end shifters. I have also heard they tend to snap. The description states they are made from "billet steel". hmm...

On another note, I don't understand why duel bend shifters are so much more popular compared to single bend. Single bend shift levers angle the knob towards the driver. Can somebody please shed some light on this topic.
:2confused

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Dual bend shifters simply put the shifter even closer to the back of the car than single bent. For example if you have your seat really far back and you have a deep dish steering wheel with a long hub you would probably want a dual bend shifter. Some people are saying skunk2 is the way to go some say stock GSR is good. I have never bought an aftermarket short shift so I really couldn't tell you from experience other than that a stock GSR shifter feels really nice compared to the civic one.

Also I wouldn't mess with ebay.

lilrob410

Screw that ebay short shifter.. I had one in my 91 hatch and snapped that b***h after a week. And I got stuck on the highway because of it.. lol

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
some times the ebay short shifters dont fully engage the gears, they work just enough. You're buying a copy of a design that had no r&d on ebay. When you buy brand name you get all the r&d and its proven to work like it should.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B&M shifter... $50.. you will NEVER break it ever in a million years.. save up the money and do it right the first time..

get the bushings while you are at it.. makes all the difference in the world..

ef8hatch

lol ebay shits everyone, 2 dollars for any kind of shifter, even play shifter would do better most likely lol, wel id go with a jdm lol, ive seen one, it was nice, but my buddy sold it

greddy1387

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I use to run ebay shifters. I had a type r knob on there and i was at the track i snapped the shifter when the shifter screws on

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol ebay shits everyone, 2 dollars for any kind of shifter, even play shifter would do better most likely lol, wel id go with a jdm lol, ive seen one, it was nice, but my buddy sold it
what is a jdm shifter

greddy1387

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Its a company on ebay that is no name and they put (JDM) as the brand so people by it looking for true jdm or even just jdm parts. Go with a good oem blox, or skunk 2

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its a company on ebay that is no name and they put (JDM) as the brand so people by it looking for true jdm or even just jdm parts. Go with a good oem blox, or skunk 2
I know.. that was my sarcasm.. ;)

DaOne

I got a B&M short shifter for 50 bucks new from summit racing.
i would recommend it..lol

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have heard B&M short shifters are quite stiff. I have heard mixed reviews on that brand. Mostly good tho.

steviezee47

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
B&M shifter... $50.. you will NEVER break it ever in a million years.. save up the money and do it right the first time..

get the bushings while you are at it.. makes all the difference in the world..
this is the setup i have, it is the best setup