New gauge pics, etc

jenns91civic

Car Stupid (but learning)
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's some pics of my new gauges (sans gas/temp, grrrr) and some more I took tonight. Bad aim because I couldnt see anything in the LCD of the camera until after I took the pics lol.

Gauges without lights on

Gauges with lights on

Filthy wheel...

In the crammed driveway

I took about 20 pics tonight so I might post more later if anyone's interested.

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol, i dont see anyting

jenns91civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well that sucks, I didn't at first when I posted and they were enormous, but I refreshed the browser and it came up ok. Anyone else getting a blank screen??

c_diddy

drove through a tree
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
okay, i see it now. they look good, same style as the one's on mine. better than stock i say...what happened to your needles for the gas and temp? my brother broke mine while putting them in, which wasn't bad but i had to shell out $40 for a new gauge.

jenns91civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LOL, I already whined about it like crazy in another post. I took the gauges to a place to install them for me and they broke the gas and temp ones. I'm supposed to take it back to them tomorrow and let them fix it, but after reading the replies to my other post, there's no way. I'll most likely be replacing the gas/temp gauges.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks clean, but I dont really like them..

jokenfu21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
is it lowered? i would lower if at least 2" skunk coil overs with koni adjustables.

jenns91civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lowering it would make the nasty wheel wells less visible lol, but I wouldn't have a clue how to do that. UPDATE on the gauges: I went in today and the guy took it to the repair place, they said what you all said, BROKEN! I would have been upset but I was prepared, thank goodness. Plus, when he was walking out the door to take the cluster over to the repair shop, I said "someone told me they might be broken" and he said "oh don't worry about that, if they are we will take care of it." Sure enough, he told me to bring it in again tomorrow morning and he will get it fixed up. I'm not sure how he can get the parts he needs by tomorrow but I'm not arguing. If he fixes it, at least halfway, I'll be happy enough until I can properly replace the gas/temp gauges myself. I also mentioned my alarm and he said it'd be about $75 to install and he will do it the same day as my gauges, so I'm all set. I'll be taking it in Thursday AM (and the poor guy will have to drive me to work lol) and getting it back Thursday night after work. Can't wait to have my nifty alarm to play with. I'm still nervous about the gauges but at least I know that the place cares enough to fix what they messed up. I'm not worried about cost, I just want everything fixed lol.

jokenfu21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he didn't know how to install so he touched the needles. that's why they broke. at least he's gonna fix it.
as far as lowering it. it actully make your car look a lot cleaner. it won't hide the wheels. trust me...in fact it will be more visible once it's lowered. compliment it. trust me it'll look clean. but don't cut springs...ANYONE GOT A 91HATCH that's lowered to show jenn??? i don't have any good pix to show her.

jokenfu21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh...let us see a pic of the interior...it looks nice out, but what about inside?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
jokenfu21 said:
he didn't know how to install so he touched the needles. that's why they broke. at least he's gonna fix it.
as far as lowering it. it actully make your car look a lot cleaner. it won't hide the wheels. trust me...in fact it will be more visible once it's lowered. compliment it. trust me it'll look clean. but don't cut springs...ANYONE GOT A 91HATCH that's lowered to show jenn??? i don't have any good pix to show her.
just don't mind the color of it, it alll matches color now since this pic was taken, and there's a few things that make it look different then in the pic, however here's a pic of mine when i got my springs on it, only lowered it 1.8 inches but it madeit look alot better.

and your gauges look good jenn, but please pardon my ugly car, just had to show you a4g lowered like he requested.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If they can't fix the needles... get them f**kers to get you a new cluster.

jenns91civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow, I actually like the look of it lowered. What does it cost to do that? And is it a DIY or would I need to beg someone? As for the new cluster, he actually brought that up, rather than me asking. He said he can get a cluster and have the odometer changed to match what the miles really are. Is this true??

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If the cluster has less miles than yours, yes...
If it has more, then no.

I suggest that if it has less miles than your car, take it and run... you know... for sales purposes :thumbs up

jenns91civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LOL Yeah right, a 91 with less than 62,000mi?? I have a feeling mine is the only one in existence (only because the only other owner lived on one side of downtown dallas and worked in the other. He never left texas with the car and rarely left DFW)

jenns91civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
here's some interior pics I just took tonight. It had rained (I got a pic of the nice beading action on the roof too lol, but I won't completely bore you all)

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you can find one that was wrecked awhile back... you might be okay =)