New guy here with viper alarm question

bman800124

Hello everyone I have a 98 4dr civic lx ej6.

I wanted to post in this thread,

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=176801&page=2

However it is closed. I am having the issue where the orange and green wire and the green plug behind the dash has no voltage when driver power unlock is activated. I have an aftermarket radio and have a viper 3105V alarm key-less entry system on the vehicle. They door locks work find with the alarm remote but right now my installer and I have it hooked it up to unlock on the drivers door lock from the green plug behind the radio. I do not have the factory radio. My civic does have factory key-less entry I have fixed the dome light with the jumper fix buy splicing the wires behind the radio plug. We have continuity on the orange and green wire behind the radio. My question is do I need the factory radio to make this work or is there a cut in the line some where? We also cannot find a place to splice into near the door locks because the door wires have voltage and my relay box in the drivers door is good.

Thank you.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its better that it is closed anyway. That thread was for someone else. We ask that members use the search feature before asking questions to find the answers, but bumping a 4 year old thread such as that one is only going to bring bad reactions because you aren't the original poster.

To answer the question, I believe you need the factory radio. Not 100% though. Also, I think civics have a negative trigger on the door locks so you won't get power to that wire when the switch is activated, it's the other way around. If you search through google and/or on here you will more than likely find your answer. The car has been out for 16 years and people have been putting aftermarket radios and alarms and have been discussion it over the net just as long. I would bet there is a write up somewhere as well.

Either that or wait around until someone answers, but it might not come as there aren't much members here that are versed in electronics anymore. Most have moved on it seems.

bman800124

I used the search feature and I have been searching on Google for over a week. I used that old thread for a reference to my issue. I am sure you feel high and might behind your computer screen well your not going to ruin my day. I can tell this forum has some jerks in it with your snooty response.

So in 2014 people are not using electronic anymore and have moved on to what? You response is not welcomed all you needed to say was you might need the factory radio and not been a smart A** about it. Last time I use this worthless forum. Don't you think I know how old the car is? BTW if I bumped the thread that means you post in it to bring it back to the top.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WTF are you talking about? Where was my comment snooty? Please go back through and read it very carefully.

I was saying that anyone that knows about electrical and 6th gen has moved on to other vehicles and don't post here anymore. Meaning that your help isn't likely to come any time soon here. I have been here 5 years now and the electrical, car stereo, interior, etc content has dropped dramatically within the last couple years. That section of the forum is close to all but dead.

I know what bumping means and if you read the rules on MOST forums they ask you not to bump threads that old. When a thread is that old, it is likely that the ones that were posting in there are no longer on the forum or people just move by it because it is so old. Like I said, bumping a thread that old only brings on flaming and bad comments. I have seen in a million times. Making a new thread gets newer members to help you and makes that thread YOURS instead of thread jacking. Not trying to be "snooty", just telling it like it is.

Back when these came out in the late 90's, we were keeping the factory head unit. Back then we would secure it up under the dash and put a new head unit in the stock hole. There might be some new technology, but the last time I checked you still need the stock unit so I am guessing it's still the same way.

Again, Japanese cars have a negative trigger for the door locks. That is why there is power there when the switch isn't pressed. The wire is essentially backwards from traditional where the switch is pressed it sends power to the door lock actuator, these used negative where it cuts power when the switch is pressed. You need to use the negative trigger wire out of the alarm control box.

sleeper si

Registered VIP
without pictures I have a difficult time trying to understand what you want to do.
A 98 civic is not complicated electronics wise so be patient.

bman800124

If you are super moderator you can delete my account then. Ive moved on to another forum were I am more welcomed than here.