New guy with question Help

hatchback fan

I have a 92' civic si.:word: I and a friend of mine put in a stort shifter and bushings Everything went great. The question i have is when i shift to gears its not smooth. Te shifter doen't not lock in to place right away. It's real bad with Revse gear. Now it did the same thing before we replaced everything. Whats wrong why is it doing that. My friend say's it's not sinking up perfect when i shift. What is it and how do i fix it ?:?:

serg650

Try stepping on the clutch all the way down. MAYBE get a short throw shifter. mine has both and shifts like butter.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
try changing out your trans fluid, make sure you use the honda genuine stuff, trust me, it makes a big diff.
:word:

the honda MTF shifts way smoother then regular oil

stateofjustin

LOAC and Jersey are right, change your fluid (drain it into a pan, then swirl a magnet around in it for awhile. See how much metal you get. Also, pay attention to whether it is just hard to shift when it is cold and gets better when the car has warmed up.

When you shorten a shift you basically get any problems present on the long shift, just in condensed form.

Transmissions each have their own quirks at our price level. =)

You may also be looking at syncros if you get clunks or very difficult upshifts or downshifts after new, warmed up fluid.

Also, is the clutch stock and how many miles? serg mentioned just pushing it down to the floor, but if there are problems with the bearing or pressure plate or disc, it may not be releasing all the way. Fluid first tho.