New here..

94civiccx

5+ Year Member
Hey yall, well im new to the site as to hondas, before my newest car i had a 95 eclipse GS with pretty mild mods (exhaust, intake, headers, high flow cat etc etc) But i blew the motor twice and im sick of the POS! So i recently just bought a 1994 Civic CX, its pretty nice, but i have a few ?ens and concerns.. I was reading the info and specs, and it says for the CX version it has an eight valve engine, on my motor it says 16 valve, whats up with this!? Im confused on everything man.. oh and another thing, whats the best swap i could do for pretty cheap and with not much hard work (everyone in my town is about stupid and does shitty work when it comes to motor swaps) and another thing, when im gettin on it or w/e, when i shift quick like i used to in the eclipse, it loses power and just revs up real high and a bunch of smoke comes out the exhaust, its like i have to go real slow for it to catch right.. please help me yall!!!!

heres the post on the site im usually on!

http://www.importsnc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4315

Oh and btw my name is Ian and im 17 years old, junior in high school, happily taken by my beautiful gf brittany! Ive checked yall out for a while and thought i finally would post since i got a civic this past weekend!

thanks!

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome abourd. Sounds like you have issues. As to what....not really to sure what is up with the smoke and shift thing.

slowhatch

torque?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
when your goin about 30-40 put it in 5th and mash on it. if the revs go up but the speed doesnt, then its a VERY worn out clutch. im not sure about the smoke though..

94civiccx

5+ Year Member
alright, ill try it tomorrow morning, anyone have any idea about the tech section sayin it comes with a 8 valve motor and mine saying its a 16 valve, is it my car is just diff, or is it the tech section is incorrect?

Sm0ked0uTCiViC

Suck Ass Evil Pooper!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks to me like somone got a junkyard d15b7 and replaced the original motor with it, Or your car had a b16 swap and who ever had it b4 you took the swap out and threw that d15 in just to sell the car.. But i can tell you that jury rigged intake tube and those bright yellow junkyard numbers on the engine means thats deff not the original engine! If your tight on money just go find your self a d16z6 somwhere, you can usually pic em up for around 250 to 300 bux.. and it will bolt right in, You won't even hafta replace tranny, Or Save up 800 bux and get a LS swap....Or even a b20b!

That little car deff has potential!!

good luck!

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the throttle body looks it has a cuppler. i think someone put a 16 valve cover on you engine. for your code look where the tranny mates with you engine. ill look for a pic ...if i can find one ill post it up.=)

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
here is a pic of where it should be. your should say d15b8 if its a 8 valve i believe =)
you might want to clean it up so you can read the #s

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome to the board fellow NC resident.... :thumbs up

Not a bad pick up for this area, I can't find anything good.... But then again, I'm being kinda picky since I have some time to look...

More then likely the original engine blew and somebody bought a junk yard motor and dropped it in.... You will probably want to do that same, only be wary of what you are buying..... Look for a D16z6 that doesn't look beat to hell..... Buy a new clutch, doesn't have to be crazy or anything, just one that will work....

Basically unbolt, rebolt, replace fluids and you are done......

94civiccx

5+ Year Member
the clutch problem was the master cylinder, it pulls pretty hard now, this car HAS to have some sort of vtec.. it pulls so slow at first and literally man u can tell a HUGE difference and the car just starts pullin so f**kin hard and gets louder idk.. idk wut is up with this mystery motor..

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bwahahaha..... A SOHC non-turbo civic pulling hard..... :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

Sorry, but there is no such thing.... :lol:

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
42Steps said:
Bwahahaha..... A SOHC non-turbo civic pulling hard..... :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

Sorry, but there is no such thing.... :lol:
i dont know 42, look at this beast.....j/k do0d.... but in all seriousness you dont have vtec ;)
have you got the engine code for us yet?

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey Ian, Its kinda cool to meet a fellow Ian on here. I know its a common name in europe but in the us its kinda rare from what I have seen. I am relatively new to the site too but am starting to know my way around so if I can help you out at all send me a pm. I definately dont know as much as most of these guys that have allready posted to you but I hope you have fun with your civic and just search through here and get ideas on what you can do to your car.

m3tub_civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a friend who got the same car it had the same valve cover and said 16 valve on it too and i read some place that said some cx comes in 16 valve so i think it may be the stock motor that came with the car. the motor still got that skinny intake tube, manifold and short turbo like header.

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
m3tub_civic said:
i have a friend who got the same car it had the same valve cover and said 16 valve on it too and i read some place that said some cx comes in 16 valve so i think it may be the stock motor that came with the car. the motor still got that skinny intake tube, manifold and short turbo like header.
so what does the engine code say?????

graveyardhippie

5+ Year Member
look at the intake. honda doesnt have a step up crap at the throttle body. the cx fits dead on to itself like all honda intakes. that's no cx engine....... or they put a diff. intake, or top end, or whatever on the old block. oh, and i used to have a stock cx.... it wouldnt think of pulling, i had to go to 2nd gear sometimes just to get up a hill on the highway.

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
graveyardhippie said:
look at the intake. honda doesnt have a step up crap at the throttle body. the cx fits dead on to itself like all honda intakes. that's no cx engine....... or they put a diff. intake, or top end, or whatever on the old block. oh, and i used to have a stock cx.... it wouldnt think of pulling, i had to go to 2nd gear sometimes just to get up a hill on the highway.
that kind of through me of too...maybe someone swapped the motor and used the same intake tube... =)