NEW HIDS.... Question Now...

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just installed my HID's today Mccllugah 10k (bluish purple tint) they were $400 and i didn't go cheap... installation was a pain in the ass blew some fuses and what not but after i got them all in zip tied and taped up i waited to get a good look at them at night time and i noticed and my brother and my other friend noticed 0 purple and 0 blue at all they are almost completely hyper white and you can kind of see a shade of bluish purple if you look for it.... i dunno where i heard it,,,, but i heard that over time with hours and hours of running HID's they will slowly change there color??? i double checked the box and i definetely have 10k??? anbody have any ideas?

Last edited:

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there ya go sorry about that the bottom pictures is of just the head lights on without a flash so it kind of looks messed up with the bumper in the way... see what i mean though with the hyper white and barely any blue/purple??

Mahlmann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did you retro fit or get the bulbs?

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mahlmann said:
did you retro fit or get the bulbs?
sorry i've heard of the word retro fit but considering i don't know what it means i'm going with a no on that one and all i installed with the bulbs the wires and the ballasts and ingitors and that s**t

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yep my friend has hid's and when you first turn them on they are blue and they slowly turn white

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmmm thats weird never heard that one... i'm really happy with the lightning at night there 10000x better then fake hids but as far as the color i am some what dissapointed in what i got and what i expected

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
edhgreatone said:
hmmm thats weird never heard that one... i'm really happy with the lightning at night there 10000x better then fake hids but as far as the color i am some what dissapointed in what i got and what i expected
werd for 400 bucks they should at least give you what you wanted.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow $400 for the junkiest kit out there. I paid less for my old catz kit from japan. and it looks like they sent you 5500k. a 10000k hid will be completely blue, and you would have less light on the ground than halogen because of all the light that gets robbed. 4300k puts out the most visible light.

blue

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well shitter..... i emailed them waiting for a response.......... any other opinions

myinca

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey gearbox...where did u get that picture from on hidplanet? id like to find out what kit or what he did for a retro cuz that color is awsome. im lookin to do mine around there...maybe not as blue..thanx man

Mahlmann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
edhgreatone said:
sorry i've heard of the word retro fit
retro fitting is putting the HIDs out of an acura or bmw into a stock headlight housing or projector housing... retro fitting gives you that sharp cut of line and zero light scatter

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That is not a retro..its just a HID kit thrown into the stock headlights..look at the damn glare!...and thats not from hidplanet.com...it says hidplace..

also edhgreatone..you might want to align your headlights maybe that way you'll get more purple or blue like you want..

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gearbox said:
poor incoming traffic, shoot even the side gets blinded :lol:

its normal for HID's to change color when you first turn them on, they gases inside the bulb warms up to the temp. the bulb was made for (4300k, 6500k, 9000k, 12000K)

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LatinEM1 said:
That is not a retro..its just a HID kit thrown into the stock headlights..look at the damn glare!...and thats not from hidplanet.com...it says hidplace..

also edhgreatone..you might want to align your headlights maybe that way you'll get more purple or blue like you want..
oh i did aim them.. what do you mean by aligning is that any different?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what did the ballast or bulbs say for the tempature rating....they might say something on there about that..? :what: