new jack with some n00b questions...yep, i searched.

stavi

hey fellas, just picked up an eg sedan. have a few questions that i cant quite come up with a clear answer. any help will be appreciated.
1. power door locks- driver side door lock wont lock. just stays up. cant help it down while pushing the lock button either. would kinda like to get an idea of what ill be messing with when i open up the door panel.
2. rear seat folding forward- im assuming the rear seat folds forward since its got the seat release lock on the package tray above the seat. how do i fold it after i turn the key? im really only curious because the center lap belt is nowhere to be found. i think it may be tucked underneath? id prefer to keep my kids carseat in the middle instead of the drivers side.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
1. If you are able to manually lock and unlock the door with the handle then the manual mechanism is working. If it is not them the auto-lock mechanism in the door (mounted under the lock itself on the side) has malfunctioned (as mine did)

However if you can not manually lock/unlock the door as it sounds then it seems the rods are bending. You have to find a way to hold them down as to not bend outward.

2. If you look in the trunk you will find the lock rods. I am assuming the one rod for the side that wont come down has come out of the plastic attachment on the bottom of the lock cylinder. If the plastic is broken you can purchase a replacement from the dealer.

stavi

Sweet action. Thanks man. I found that I could lock it with the key or by holding the outside handle open then lock from the inside works. Also found that the release rods for the seatback were froze up. A little forceful persuasion was it took.

DuckIt

That's a honda thing, you have to hold open one of the handles to lock the drivers door.

One of plastic clips was broke at the actuator at the door latch on my sedan, which caused the same issue. Rip the panel off and see what happening or not happening

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey fellas, just picked up an eg sedan. have a few questions that i cant quite come up with a clear answer. any help will be appreciated.
1. power door locks- driver side door lock wont lock. just stays up. cant help it down while pushing the lock button either. would kinda like to get an idea of what ill be messing with when i open up the door panel.
Its actually supposed to do this. It was hondas way of keeping you from locking your keys in the car.

2. rear seat folding forward- im assuming the rear seat folds forward since its got the seat release lock on the package tray above the seat. how do i fold it after i turn the key? im really only curious because the center lap belt is nowhere to be found. i think it may be tucked underneath? id prefer to keep my kids carseat in the middle instead of the drivers side.
Ordinarly just turn the key and pull the center down. If that doesnt work then the key latch may have disconnected from the latch. If thats the case pop the trunk and look at where the latch is for the seat. There should be a pull strap there. Pull that and push the seat down with your other hand.

stavi

cool, thanks guys. got it all figured out. just didnt have the car at my place to fiddle with it. all said and done. thanks for the quick repsones and detailed info. definately sticking around this place.