New project we thought of.

mattym1204

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok... i dont know how u guys will feel about this but i found a 94 DX coupe for $600... My boy has a spare SAAB 93 turbo motor sittin in his garage.. so we thought it would be cool to swap that motor into the civic... Its obviously gonna take a lot of work but when its done i think it will be a pretty sick setup.. Ive seen a civic with a mitsubishi eclipse GST motor in it and that thing is pretty badass... I doubt anyone has ever dropped a SAAB motor into a honda before though.. lol... probably gonna cost a lot of money and need a lot of custom parts but w/e... it will be hott... oo yeah.. and we got two turbos for it so we were thinking since we are already gonna have to make a lot of custon parts... we might as well make a custom manifold and make it twin turbo.. haha

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anything is possible with the right amount of $$$

but the real question is, will it be worth it.

mattym1204

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well.. we built my boys SAAB to make over 450whp... soooo... if we get anywhere close to that in a lil coupe... id say itd be worth it.. lol

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I would probably just put the turbo on the d16 and call it a day....that sounds like a project that would take a lot fo time and money just to get it running :what:

mattym1204

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a turbo d16 is way too slow... lol... i know someone with a turbo single cam vtec around here... and thats slow.. i dont even wanna think about it without vtec

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a turbo d16 is way too slow... lol... i know someone with a turbo single cam vtec around here... and thats slow.. i dont even wanna think about it without vtec
wow.... could you be any less educated?

schutzracing

#1 ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I do believe there are d's making way way more power then your boyfriends saab

mattym1204

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OK and ask the owners of those cars how much money they had to put into them to get that much power... cmon now.. u cannot sit here and argue that a D series motor is easier to get horsepower out of than a SAAB 93 motor... maybe with 10 grand into a D series it might be pretty quick

schutzracing

#1 ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah but which one will be in the shop more cause they are s**t motors??? why do you think noone ownes a saab?? I see like one a month lol.. They suck..

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
:nopics:
Quit the bullshit argueing and get down to the dirty! Start this s**t and get us some pics yo.

mattym1204

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i understand that... but that wasnt the argument u made... Honda motors are obviously better... but if you didnt see what i said earlier... i have the SAAB motor for FREE.. thats why im doing it

schutzracing

#1 ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i understand that... but that wasnt the argument u made... Honda motors are obviously better... but if you didnt see what i said earlier... i have the SAAB motor for FREE.. thats why im doing it

Yeah your good. its doesnt say that anywhere

schutzracing

#1 ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That says your boy has a motor. Not you. and nothing about it being free.. but its w/e lets see the build.. I can think of like ten crazy civic swaps even actually completed.. and this wont be one of them.. we get these threads all the time they are a waste..

mattym1204

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well then in a couple months when its done... ill hit u up with the pics, dyno sheet, and 1/4 time

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm gonna put a 2jzgte in my hatch.