new to car engine swap etc

jmlbnl637

Hi, I currently have a 1999 civic coupe that I bought with a swap b16a2 or si as some people call it in my car. I just got a jdm gsr block or b18c. I was thinking bout swapping the b16 head on the b18 block stock for stock. I was wondering what would be the benefits of that and if anyone knows what whp or torque I will be looking at. Money is hard to come by now so I'm using what I have. I've done tons of research and found only ideas on how to setup a nice PMR build. I just curious if anyone has done this and if it is that much worst than a stock gsr. Anything will be highly appreciated as I am new to swapping out motors or even the car in general. Please be patient with me. Thanks

Armando C.

So, this is really just a Poor Mans Type R swap (GSR block and Si head), and if you can manage to get some solid internals, your looking at a killer swap. Without ctr/itr pistons and some cams it would just be a use f time IMO. If you can wait, hold up on the swap unto you can put some good internals to up the compression. Then do it. If you're eager to do it now, you might see small number increases.

scarhead92

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its only a poor man type R if you port and polish the head thats the main difference between c5 and a2 heads. gonna boost? go b20 block, thick cylinder walls, or na high comp go with a gsr, stock oil passages and can be punched out to a 2L easily.