New to the club....here's my ride

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I meant you should drop some CTR, or ITR cams in if you are not going the Forced Induction route. One thing you should look at if you are going for some serious speed in that Si is to get some lighter wheels. Those wheels are dope man...if it were me I would look into a 15/16 inch wheel for track usage. Every lb you add on your stock wheel weight is 3 more lbs you have to push. It goes the other way as well. The more mass you are pushing the slower you are going to go. I didn't think it would make much of a difference until I raced a guy in my ex coupe (99)...and he has a 95 coupe with more performance mods and decent miles. He also has 17 inch Focal rims. Those wheels weigh a good 23 lbs a piece. I dusted him 3 times. He is also a good driver I might add. Civic factory steelies weigh 18 lbs, and I think SI wheels weigh about 16 lbs. The wheels I have now are 15 inch Rota Slipstreams. They are an excellent wheel by any standard. They weigh 11.5 lbs, and are models of the Spoon sport wheel. They only cost about 450 for a set of four, so if you bust one....its not gonna cost you an arm and a leg. This is just my 2 cents as far as wheels are considered. I am really diggen ur Si though man...its CLEAN for a kitted civic on 19's...which isn't usually my taste. Props man! Oh yeah...and Tien is GREAT stuff. Its a little pricey...but its GREAT stuff. I have Neuspeed sport springs, with tokiko shocks, and I can't really say much yet considering I get my car from the shop tomorrow. I think the set up should be good, and I will give you a shout about it! Enough of my rambling...good luck...nice ride!
-David

19inchCivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanx and I appreciate the comments and info...I still do have the stock SI wheels which I use whenever I am going to go out and screw around. I figured that since they have always been considered a decent rim I would just stick with them and invest some money in good tires. I know that the 19' are heavier but for daily driving you hardly notice any power loss. I would never race with them however. One cause of the wait like you said, two because the damn tires are expensive. Thanx for all the input and let me know how your suspension works out.

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hope so too!!!!!!!!!!!!