New to the Honda Scene

Chames92

Hey guys, i just bought my first honda, its a 96 civic ek. Its got a JDM swap, its green lowered on coils with black rota slips. I just started college so its gonna stay pretty stock for now, im hoping to get it built up someday. I will have to post a picture soon if anybody is interested. Thanks!

Garrett

http://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc361/Chames92/

J*ka_Em2

im new too bro, im jealous of you that you have coils though haha

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome! Yes please do post pics!!

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah what jdm swap, d15 b16 b18 b20 theres lots lol. Oh and welcome, get some pics up.

Chames92

Its a JDM D16a swap, so single vtec. I honestly couldn't tell you what its on they came with the car when i bought it, its got a pretty stiff ride so im assuming there pretty cheap. But thanks for the welcomes. where do i post/put up pictures?

97ek_coupe

upload them to any picture hosting site, then post up the html link from the photo(preview post to see if it works)

also put the pics on the first post, just edit it. i use photobucket.

Chames92

d16a? Not likely in a '96.
Basically you know nothing about it and just regurgitating what someone told you.
Actually it is a JDM D16a swap... but you can think what you want.

and i put the link in the original thread for the pictures. there are only a few now right now, ive only owned it a week.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
d16a? Not likely in a '96.
Basically you know nothing about it and just regurgitating what someone told you.

This thread?
LOL who is this new guy?? *hi-five*

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
Actually it is a JDM D16a swap... but you can think what you want.

and i put the link in the original thread for the pictures. there are only a few now right now, ive only owned it a week.
so someone put an obd0 engine in your 96 ek? take a pic of your block/head

there are like 4 d16a's

a1 and a6 and a couple EDM and australian ones

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The d16a1 is a horrible choice for the 4th gen Civic, yet alone why would anyone put it into a 6th gen?
Also in some states, putting an older motor in a newer chassis is illegal and can possibly run into emissions/inspection issues. Also not really a hp upgrade, it's OBD0 AND doesn't fit like the other 88-00 Civic d series engines.
As for the d16a6, some of the same thinking as the d16a1, but without the mount issues.

The rest of the d16a family are mainly from UK/Europe and Australia, all DOHC non vtec (with the exception of the d16a7) and none being for OBD2 cars.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you knew what you were talking about, you would have gotten my point.
So let me dumb it down for you...

1st off the d16a1 is a horrible choice for the 4th gen Civic, yet alone why would anyone put it into a 6th gen?
Also in some states, putting an older motor in a newer chassis is illegal and can possibly run into emissions/inspection issues.
Not really a hp upgrade, it's OBD0 AND doesn't fit like the other 88-00 d series engines.
As for the d16a6, some of the same thinking as the d16a1, but without the mount issues.

The rest of the d16a family are mainly from UK/Europe and Australia, all DOHC non vtec (with the exception of the d16a7) and none being for OBD2 cars.

This guy got it!
Wow dude let ME dumb it down for YOU. I was agreeing with you....hence the "hi-five".....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow dude let ME dumb it down for YOU. I was agreeing with you....hence the "hi-five".....
OUCH!:oops: Point taken.
I took your comment as sarcasm and jumped the gun, sorry about that!
Embarrassing...:shock::lol:

I'll edit the smartass and sarcasm towards you out.
Maybe that info will be helpful to the OP.

Chames92

Hopefully that shows the picture. thats whats on the block and this is the engine bay itself.

When i bought the car I was told it had a P28 ecu on OBD1? who knows if thats right... im really just on this forum to learn more about my car and honda's in general. So sorry if i am not 100% on what i am talking about. Dont want to argue anybody. i havnt touched the engine bay since i got it. :???:

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OUCH!:oops: Point taken.
I took your comment as sarcasm and jumped the gun, sorry about that!
Embarrassing...:shock::lol:

I'll edit the smartass and sarcasm towards you out.
Maybe that info will be helpful to the OP.
I win! :woot: