New Trunk

TripeoXxX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got rearended so I need to replace my trunk. Where is a good place to get one? I am getting $995 from the insurance company.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i got rearended too, $1000 bought me a cf hood and trunk from VIS :-D

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just got a CF trunk about 3 weeks ago from VIS, I was very impressed til I noticed it had white spec's all over it. Took it to a body shop and its embedded in the clear coat!!!!!! Still waiting to hear back from them, its been a week since I sent them pictures.... I'm sure everyone elses is all good, I say go with the trunk at least. I needed the trunk so hood and lip will come next summer hopefully!

TripeoXxX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
steve98ex said:
i got rearended too, $1000 bought me a cf hood and trunk from VIS :-D
Where did you purchase your hood and trunk?

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
straight from VIS, I looked around everywhere and they were the cheapest. They even cut me a deal because I bought both at the same time. You'll probably even get it cheaper than I did now that the trunks are a little more common. www.visracing.com look for the phone number and give them a call, nice people.

oh and when I got hit I had to get to trunk hinges from honda, $150 for the pair I think. just a heads up

TripeoXxX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the info bro, really apreciate it. Do you think CF Trunk and Hood would look good on my Clover Green Pearl coupe?

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hmmm, I've seen one before, on honda-tech I think, yeah I liked it.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
TripeoXxX said:
Thanks for the info bro, really apreciate it. Do you think CF Trunk and Hood would look good on my Clover Green Pearl coupe?
clover gren pearl and carbon fiber go great together.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you decide against the c/f trunk, check here www.car-parts.com and put in your make and model, you should be able to find one in your area pretty easy

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
steve98ex said:
straight from VIS, I looked around everywhere and they were the cheapest. They even cut me a deal because I bought both at the same time. You'll probably even get it cheaper than I did now that the trunks are a little more common. www.visracing.com look for the phone number and give them a call, nice people.

oh and when I got hit I had to get to trunk hinges from honda, $150 for the pair I think. just a heads up
VIS charges up the ass..ur better off on ebay...
the only way u might save money by buying from VIS is if u live in cali and go pick up instead of have them ship it...

i got my vis cf hood for $470..
vis wanted 6something with shipping...:x

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TripeoXxX said:
I'm thinking that would look really good if you had the CF hood to match.

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wtf 6 bills for a hood

TripeoXxX

you should get both if anything sell the hood

TripeoXxX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just called VIS, they want $1107 for the Trunk and Hood. That is including shipping. Damn it is a bit on the pricey side.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
were you expecting to actually MAKE some money out of ur accident? lol

TripeoXxX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nah, but I didn't want to put any money into it either. I also have to get an alignment done to my car because of the accident and that's $$.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
TripeoXxX said:
Nah, but I didn't want to put any money into it either. I also have to get an alignment done to my car because of the accident and that's $$.
your insurance company should pay for the alignment.

singleslamer

5+ Year Member
check ebay they have lots of good deals from week to week just be sure to use paypal so u dont get screwed