Newbie Here (needs input about suspension mods)

keen20five

Just starting Basic mods on my recent acquired Si-R '00
Got the rain visor installed because its rainy season here in PH
ALL STOCK SO FAR except for the Jasma Chambered exhaust

Car will be my daily,will be on track once in a while. Folks i need your inputs about my suspension mod please
because i'm thinking about my first mod as Buddy Club N+ Spec Damper, too pricey here in my place thats why im thinking i can also consider the Skunk2 Lowering Springs + Skunk2 Sport Shocks,
CAI not sure about specific brand yet maybe K&N?
Sounds is already in progress, Got 2 Kicker '12 CVR Rockford Mono, Sony Separates and 6x9's With Rockford 4Ch Amps.

CDubs

Registered VIP
suspension i would deffinatly go for function and form type 1 full coilovers from meng motorsports on here...good quality and fully adjustable of course...check into those

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
suspension i would deffinatly go for function and form type 1 full coilovers from meng motorsports on here...good quality and fully adjustable of course...check into those
So how is the ride with the coilovers you are recomending? Bouncy?

keen20five

like those seats....
Thanks! Will be using stock seats for while, im gonna start upgrading the ride with suspension first. :twisted:

So how is the ride with the coilovers you are recomending? Bouncy?
yeah how's the ride of this coils? is it bouncy?by the way ive tried the daiyama brand before.Handling was great,price is okay but you have to lift the car to adjust softness of the ride. :???:

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WOW! Very nice car, you lucky guy.

aeaddy03

Up And Coming
5+ Year Member
very clean Sir! Ive heard that the form and functions are pretty stiff. And you are gonna be really pleased with the Kickers i've been running two for awhile and about to run four! check out my build and cant wait to see updates on yours.

keen20five

Folks my budget for my coils was gone due to some car repairs, but then good thing so far car is running good
parts that i've replaced so far are

1.a/c tensioner pulley (annoying squeeking noise is gone)

2.B20 pressure plate & B20 clutch disc

3.cant believe this mechanic did with my tranny because he used a fully synthetic oil instead of a real gear oil
now my shifter is very soft to change gears

4.Tenzo short shifter

5.a/c compressor
6.a/c thermostat
7.HKS filter
8.Buddy club racing spec condenser (earthing & volt controller)
9.Sparco lowering springs (ill stick o this while saving money for coils haha..)
10.Got my OEM wheels restored & painted

will post some pictures later

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wait, whats under the hood???...

jeders

Guamster : ]
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm almost certain its B16A

damn clean car, plus the little extras inside! as you may know we dont have that clock, ashtray in the US :x

and yes, just grab full suspension. function and form's prices are nice.

keen20five

The stock engine B16A then just a few basic mods like voltage stabilizer and hks air filter

i'm almost certain its B16A

damn clean car, plus the little extras inside! as you may know we dont have that clock, ashtray in the US :x

and yes, just grab full suspension. function and form's prices are nice.

yup b16a as well sir, but i like the hud of us versions because my a/c thermostat looks like
old model cars that you to slide to adjust temperature while u.s versions is a knob which is pretty cool
like type-r's,thats why im planning to convert my hud to u.s version i think it will fit fine