newest tire from the Fast 5 movie

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Personally I like good performance tires and they don't really offer anything up to par. I also don't think their tires are really worth it and I don't like what Continental/General tires offer. For the average driver/car, the tires are fine. But, having worked with them and installing many of them, the quality seems iffy and the price reflects it. I'll stick with Bridgestone, Falken, Yokohama, Kumho, etc..
I agree with most of that statement, however I think Kumho's are terrible.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I agree with most of that statement, however I think Kumho's are terrible.
I had Kumho SPT's a while ago for a couple of years and they were by far the best "ultra high performance" tire I've had. Yokohama S.Drives being a close second. I ran them at autox's and track days and they did exceptionally well for what they are. One of my team memeber has Kumho XS's on his RSX-S for AutoX and they are pretty good(not the best extreme performance tire though). I've never had any problems with Kumho and they are a pretty highly reputable company so they are usually at the top of my list of recommendations.

lil_boostie

glad to see not everyone dislikes them.. well im not running AutoX so i should be fine. they handle well in the rain since its been raining alot. havent really beat on them yet but i plan on it this weekend so ill give some more feedback on how they perform as far as traction goes on the street.. and i rather by a USA made tire then a Japan or Chinese import i support my country..