Next ricer mod

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They'll likely be illegal in most states. Ever heard or seen Tire Flys? Just an LED you put on you valve stem that lights up whenever it's moved/bumped. Those are illegal. No different than under glow crap. It'll be considered a distraction.
I hate underglow and the whole LED thing, but I will say cops arguements aren't that good. They say HIDs are a distraction or whatever, but everything could be considered a distraction. COPS are distractions. Do you see how many people freak when they see a cop? And how the watch them until they're gone? They're more distracting than lights I think.

Decipher

Registered VIP
I hate underglow and the whole LED thing, but I will say cops arguements aren't that good. They say HIDs are a distraction or whatever, but everything could be considered a distraction. COPS are distractions. Do you see how many people freak when they see a cop? And how the watch them until they're gone? They're more distracting than lights I think.
I could not agree with you more. PREACH!

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How about a glow in the dark paint job for the whole car?

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How about a glow in the dark paint job for the whole car?
That sounds like a terrible idea. Like something Hot Wheel would do.

Come to think of it, Im sure they did

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
There's a distict difference.

We need cops out on the street. People don't need stupid flashy lights all over their cars. I swear some people are just like bugs and are drawn in by anything bright and flashy lol.

underglow/LEDs are considered illegal for one: being distracting. two: modifying/altering your vechile(no different than exhaust systems being illegal or lowering/raising your car being illegal), and three: for the slight possibilty that someone could misinterpreted blue/red/yellow/orange underglow/LEDs/lights as an emergency/law enforcement vehicle.

I agree that HIDs are annoying. But on the flip side, the RIGHT Kelvin HIDs produce great light output for the driver making visibility better and also less annoying for on-coming traffic. The thing most people fail to do when installing HIDs or light bulbs in general is to aim them. There are laws for proper headlight alignment that you could and should get pulled over for if it is unsafe for on-coming traffic.

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok ok thats pretty freaking slick.........but not for civics!

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's not paint. You can clearly see that it is coming from behind the wheel when the car slows down.

Civexspeedy is right...that is highly illegal.

H.I.D. is a distraction because 90% of the people that do it don't aim it right and or don't do a retrofit and it is extremely bright for oncoming traffic. It is also very dangerous.

Stickyittoyou

5+ Year Member
They'll likely be illegal in most states. Ever heard or seen Tire Flys? Just an LED you put on you valve stem that lights up whenever it's moved/bumped. Those are illegal. No different than under glow crap. It'll be considered a distraction.
And this is what I meant by true story. hahah My brother got pulled over having them on his old Nissan. Come to find out it's legal to sit in a parking lot with them on, but as soon as you start to move with them lit you'll be nabbed.

Gare

Show then go.
5+ Year Member
That sounds like a terrible idea. Like something Hot Wheel would do.

Come to think of it, Im sure they did
I imagine someone has done a glow-in-the-dark paintjob
That would be some freaky sht :shock:

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
I imagine someone has done a glow-in-the-dark paintjob
That would be some freaky sht :shock:
I once saw a VW beetle( current style) that had a glow in the dark paint job. It was 1 out of 4 from what the owner said.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
I think its tacky as f**k and shows money cant buy taste

Looks like some guido thought it would be cool to throw some tanning bed lights on his bimmer and keep that year 'round tan sharp all night