nitrous on a stock d16y8

kuruptedkustoms

5+ Year Member
i have never had nos on anything and i have just started doing reasearch on it so i thought i would come to my fellow cc mates!!! what is pros and cons of putting a bottle on a stock engine? any advice would be nice and thanks again for your help?

Chick

5+ Year Member
bad....thats all i know haha, is it a daily driver? if so dont do it.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
unless you plan on drag racing at a track, its pointless to spend 600+ dollars on a kit

kuruptedkustoms

5+ Year Member
my buddie has a 100 shot kit and he knows how to install them cuz he has one on his chevy and honda but he wants to sell one for 300

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
still pointless to spend 300 bucks it unless your gonna race it at a track

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
and a 100 shot is gonna f**k something up big time on your stock d16 , just save your money and get a motor swap

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
meh

makes you 10 times faster cool purging colors and best of all it lasts like 2 hrs. lol

but seriously N2O is only good if you have corresponding mods. sure on stock motor it can add a little but it wont do much. gets too expensive for something small.

put some high cr pistons in, arp rod bolts and headstuds(just cause for the reusable factor and they are stronger). get a tune. then N2O 50-70 start with and get a tune. learn to run down the track without the N2O first. then when you get the hang of it turn the bottle on. run down track, once you hit 2nd gear, push the "awesomess maximus" and your butts on fire til the end. do not hold nitrous button when shifting or free revving. and not in 1st gear. or burn out. theres no point and 1st gear is short anyway.

spoon egg

Teeth Doctor
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i seen some ricer civic at the track actin like a badass with spray, he ended up hitting 21 something. sounded like a lawnmower, no lie

Bro'sslowdx

It's mine now...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and btw its not nos.
Its nitrous...
Im surprised no one said anything before hand

haha luckily i read through the posts before i posted it myself. I hate the fast and furious nerds that think all nitous is NOS!!!!! I had a 150 shot of ZEX i installed on my brothers regal and everytime i purged it at the ricer get togethers at night i had to correct them all by saying ITS f**king ZEX!!!! I dont think NOS even makes a purple bottle, purple sylynoid, purple lines, ect...

spoon egg

Teeth Doctor
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah for 600 bucks you could get a good LS or B20 motor, maybe even with transmission if youre lucky

kuruptedkustoms

5+ Year Member
yes i know what its called and there are many different companys who make it i was just typng in short term sorry for the miss understanding and i was just looking to get it cuz my buddie said he has a whole kit for 200 and if they retail for 600 thats pretty good and he will even help me install it and its a good thing to have down the road when you have a fully built motor right? i was just saying for the price its a good deal and i wanted to know what it would do thats all