nitrous question

vtec95civicsi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok i searched the forumn looking to see if someone else had asked this question but didnt find anything. so now im asking. i am buyin a nitrous kit from a buddy of mine and i need to know what jets to run because he had it on a mustang gt and he didnt know if the jet sizes for a v8 are different for a 4cylinder. he was worried a 50 shot for a v8 might be like a 200 shot for my car so im asking if anyone know if there is a difference or if all jets are universal size or whatnot. and if it helps its a wet zex kit. thanks guys

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What motor our you running D16z6? No the shot is all the same, If you have the D16 the highest id go on stock internals would be a 75 shot. Personally Id start with a 55 shot and move my way up to a 75. The D16s iv seen take the shot like a pro. Also if you do get this make sure your running colder spark plugs and also I suggest running a intake, header and exhaust just to be careful.

vtec95civicsi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
RedLine42 said:
What motor our you running D16z6? No the shot is all the same, If you have the D16 the highest id go on stock internals would be a 75 shot. Personally Id start with a 55 shot and move my way up to a 75. The D16s iv seen take the shot like a pro. Also if you do get this make sure your running colder spark plugs and also I suggest running a intake, header and exhaust just to be careful.
yes i do have the z6 motor and was just planning on doin a small shot as you said a 55 and am also gettin colder plugs. and do have full exshaust and intake. also would you suggest it being an intake shot or straight into the fuel into the injectors. the kid setting it up for me said hed prolly do the injectors instead of a intake shot but i also wanted to get another opinion on it since he has a 750whp firehawk and i have a 140 horse civic yano!

24-7

E Engineering
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jets are jets.

fsteclipsegst

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
5+ Year Member
dont forget to get it tuned. or atleast have sumone mess with your timming before you spray...

or else its going to go..... KABLOOMMMM!!!

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Theres the Dryshot, Wetshot, Direct port shot. Each come in different kits. The dryshot (which is through the intake) of a 55-75 shot would be the best bet for a almost stock motor. If its the ZEX kit thats probably one of the safest because it has a computer that engages on full throttle and will only engage if the motor is at a safe status which is to prevent detonation