no clutch shifting....?

my '91

5+ Year Member
so everyone is trying to get me to race without using the clutch but im too afraid imma mess up my...something or another. so wats the deal, is it faster way to race or somwthin? im never gonna do it i just wanna know about it. wats good about it wats bad about it? ne info from you guys will be awesome thnx.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it can be done. i dont think its faster.

take off in first normally and then kinda put the car in 2nd without forcing it. it should pop right out. then hold it in 2nd and it should go in. its "syncronysing" (no clue how to spell it)

it cant mess up the synrcos if done wrong so be careful.

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and mess them up prety good...just use the clutch

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not hard just pop it out of gear and then rev it and put a slight pressure on the shifter and it should pop into gear...not usually faster. youd be better of getting a short shifter

radarblips

WELCOME TO VUVLAR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh dear :wak:

FIRST ONE TO VTEC WINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

DEEGORILLA06

HATERZ NIGHTMARE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its very easy to do it.first u ingage with clutch and then the rest is easy.i guess its easy for me since i drove a isuzu 4500 diesel with 6 gears and not including reverse..well in that truck all gears except first are done with clutching.then i started doing it with my civic.

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
dont do it unless you want to f**k up your ride, the only way it wont f**k up your car is if your good at it, and i doubt your good at it because you made this thread, my friend says he did a run at the track only using the clutch for first gear and it was a slower run than using the clutch so i dont know what to tell you, besides dont f**k up your car

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah there are really no benifetts to doing it in a civic

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
yeah there are really no benifetts to doing it in a civic
pretty much what i was thinking.. lol

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i shift without the clutch, but only when im driving around normally. i wouldnt recommend doing it during racing. and it seems like it does take longer because generally you haveta wait a second or two between shifts for the rpms to drop so the gears can mesh together.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I drove a five-speed for the first time yesturday... i didnt stall it once. :cool: although what I just said has no relation to this threads topic what-so-ever..

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i can do it at around 3k rpm...but when racing i tried, and f**ked up my tranny or linkage, and now its hard to get into third...

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if anything its more detrimental that doing anything positive.

adding more stress to shift forks and synchros, no thank you

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's easy to do, but causes unessary stress on the trans

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My tranny's already f**ked as is so I do it whenever I please :D.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Break a clutch cable....you'll learn how. :rolf:

Light turns green, with car in first turn the key and start, lift off gas when it's time to shift, move gearshift to neutral and apply gas gently until gearshift moves into second...repeat...:lol: