no power, no start

94_eg_hatchback

5+ Year Member
well first off i have a 89 si hatch with a dohc zc and the car ran fine all day but now it sat outside and i tried to start it but it just turns over 3-4 times then stops. i can hear something clicking under the dash by the fuse box. also nothing on the cluster lights up or the headlights.. plz help

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dead battery dude

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
def the battery

90B16Ed

At Your Mom's House
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The clicking you heard was probably the the main relay. Are you sure it was under the dasg and not in the engine bay? If so, then it was the starter. I would def. say it's the battery. They tend to go dead in the cold, I mean you are from Wisconsin, right?

94_eg_hatchback

5+ Year Member
yes i am from wisconsin, its around -4 and i didn't put a new battery in and i went out today and it started like nothing is wrong.

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
i know this is an old thread, but bump for updates. My buddy is having similar problems with a BRAND NEW battery...

RonJ

Banned
i know this is an old thread, but bump for updates. My buddy is having similar problems with a BRAND NEW battery...
Resurrection of the dead and decomposed thread.

You are sure to get more help by making a new thread with details about the problem and information about your friend's car.