No spark and no fuel.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Finally got my car ready to start and it just cranks over. Getting no fuel and no spark fuel pump doesnt even prime. Jumped the fuel pump to the battery and it started pumping so ruled that out, bought a brand new main relay from honda and still didnt fix the problem. Checked all 3 main relay fuses and all work properly. Checked all my grounds and check good with my ground tester. Im kind of stumped right now, if anyone has any other ideas please let me know!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like u are missing a ground somewhere.

For the fuel pump and dizzy not to work...

Hmm

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sounds like u are missing a ground somewhere.

For the fuel pump and dizzy not to work...

Hmm
I have both engine grounds on and the other ground on the t-stat housing. Along with the grounds on both headlight harnesses.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Where did you jump the fuel pump? Did you pull the pump out to do this? If so, that wouldn't rule out a bad wire or a bad ground at the pump. I suppose you have a meter and already tested the wire from the relay to the pump as well as the pump ground? Can you hear your relay click when you turn the ignition?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I say u have a bad ground or something isnt connected.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I jumped the pump from the pump connector to the positive on the battery, I left the pump in tank and disconnected my line at the fuel rail and it started up and pumped fuel to the rail. The wire from the pump to the main relay has no power at any time and yes I can hear the main relay click when turning the key on.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
So if the wire at the pump never sees power, trying running a jumper wire from the relay to the pump and see if it'll prime. Once the relay is energized, it's sends power straight to that pump. Check power to the input side of the relay and make sure power is getting there as well. I don't have a diagram with me but I believe that's a 15A fuse# 24 or 15 (depending on if you have SRS). Black/yellow and should be hot at all times. Then when the ignition is turned and the relay is energized, it sends power on yellow/green to the pump. Be sure you have constant power and if you do, why it's not making it to the pump. Only one wire so it should be easy to run a new one if it's cut some place.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks I will try that, would any of this be related to me removing the srs system/wires?

Also thought id post up some pics of 2 connectors not plugged in and my grounds.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just swapped ecus just to rule that out and no change. Checked power to the main relay and its good, it just doesnt have power coming out of the relay to yellow/green at all.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
I seem to remember the SRS fuse is where the power comes from to prime your fuel pump (by way of the main relay of course). Check to make sure you have a 15A fuse in it. Spot 24 I think it is? It should be a black/yellow wire coming off that fuse going straight to your main relay. If that's not hot at all times, you will not get power to your pump.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Also check that you have the ground at the main relay connected. With the ignition on, check pins A13 and B1 for power at the ECU. Those come from your relay and go to the ECU. If you have power there, your main relay should be grounded (But put your meter on the black ground wire at the relay anyway to be sure). You could bypass the main relay as well by jumping black/yellow to yellow/green with a heavy gauge wire. That will take the relay out of the system all together and make your fuel pump prime right off the SRS fuse with out ignition being on. This would also confirm your wiring is good with no shorts or opens.

... Hope that makes sense. Hard to troubleshoot over the interwebs.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Also check that you have the ground at the main relay connected. With the ignition on, check pins A13 and B1 for power at the ECU. Those come from your relay and go to the ECU. If you have power there, your main relay should be grounded (But put your meter on the black ground wire at the relay anyway to be sure). You could bypass the main relay as well by jumping black/yellow to yellow/green with a heavy gauge wire. That will take the relay out of the system all together and make your fuel pump prime right off the SRS fuse with out ignition being on. This would also confirm your wiring is good with no shorts or opens.

... Hope that makes sense. Hard to troubleshoot over the interwebs.
a13 and b1 on ecu connectors have 12v power. jumped the main relay (black/yellow and yellow/green) and fuel pump primed. Really not sure what to look for now :(

b16lewis

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I saw your grounds are there but, I think you are lacking good connection. Take a set of jumper cables and use them as a ground. From the battery straight to the engine. Something about this problem doesn't add up.

Last edited:

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just figured it out a little while ago. I did a tuck on my engine harness and got two of the connectors mixed up, I used a stock harness I had lying around to plug up and make sure. She fired right up after that..... I knew it was going to be something dumb like this since nothing else checked bad. Thanks for the help everyone