Noise in the booty

Kendogg531

5+ Year Member
Well hears whats goin on, Im gettin this wierd noise comin from the rear end, its kinda like a wobbling noise but i really dont know how to describe it. i was thinkin that maybe it was my rear hub bearing but idk because i just put air in my rear tires and the noise got A LOT louder... Im thinkin maybe its just a shitty balanced tire in the back of a f**ked up wheel??? Any takes on this issue?

Kendogg531

5+ Year Member
could be, the stock steal wheels are on so that could be the issue. Hopefuly when i put the new wheels on the noise goes away but for now ill just have 2 deal until i figure out if i want 16's or 17's..... such a hard choice

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Dude you gotta wait more than 16 minutes for a response. This isnt instant messenger with every member waiting to hear your question. That being said, it could be any number of things that are causing the noise. Take it into a local shop such as Midas and tell them, they will charge a small amount to diagnose the problem.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
jack up the back of the car and see if the bearing is gone or not, on both sides. wiggle the wheel from side to side and up and down, if theres any movement its the bearing.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wobble ?? check if the wheel weight came off and lug nuts are tight.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Damn noob cant wait 20 minutes, but then doesnt respond for 4 days.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
why is everyone so dam mean to new members? Nobody is any better than anyone else.
Nobody said anything about being better than someone else. However, there is no reason for us to waste our time trying to troubleshoot this guys problem if he isnt going to even follow up. K thx bye.

Kendogg531

5+ Year Member
why is everyone so dam mean to new members? Nobody is any better than anyone else.
- not a new member iv been on this forum for about a year, i just dont really post much....

And as for me being a noob....w.e bro, the reason i couldnt wait 20 minutes was because the post had 15 veiws after i put it up in the first 5 minutes and no1 said anything.

Put the car up on jack stands and took the 2 back wheels off, made sure they still had the balancing weights on them and they did, checked the bearings and everything looked good.

I put the wheels on a rack and spun them to see if i could find any signs of them being bent even slightly but i couldnt really see anything. I took my buddys wheels off of his civic and put them on, drove the car up the block and the noise was gone... one of wheels has 2 be a little f**ked up, its all good though because im just gettin a new pair of wheels for it anyway....just cant figure out if i want 16's or 17's...

Thanks for the help!

civic0918

Registered VIP
go wioth 16s and more rubber. its a better ride imo. ive been on 17s for a bit and its ruff lol thats if you want your car low also. Well good luck man i found a new project so i just may be done with this one but ill always love civics.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
What about your tires? Are the tires brand new or really worn down?

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
are these new after market rims because most after market rims are made for a universal fit and require hub centric rings to fit properly because the hub bore size is different.