Noob Questions about Engines, Heads, and Nomenclature

Sluggish Turbo

The D16y8 code is P2P I had a 96 EX lol but yeah I guess it could be a CX but I had a EH2 hatch DX so It could be that too, run your VIN on car fax (don't buy the full report) if you don't already know the trim of your vehicle. And now I have a 94 EX with a D16z6 (those come in Civic EX and Si and I'm pretty sure they didn't make any EX hatchbacks so I'm sure it was a swap). D16z6's are awesome though, enjoy :]

Daddyydex

Does anyone know if a 95 civic ex has a cabin air filter that's suppose to be behind the glovebox

serversurfer

Doesn't look like it (in the Helm's manual), Dex, but I haven't pulled mine apart yet. I should be doing that on Monday if no one posts a definitive answer before that.

I have another engine question. The EX and Si both sport a D16Z6, but the specs page here lists different torque outputs for the two models. What's the difference in the two engines, and how do I tell which version I have?

Daddyydex

Thanks surfer appreciate that. So only filter I have is what's connected to my intake right?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if you're civic is a Java edition you need to change the coffee filter every 12 cups

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't know where that came from. There is only one D16Z6. If there was a different version it would have a different subscript number, i.e. "D16Z7"

Phearable shows 106lb/ft of torque @5200 rpm