noob

priest3131

just another newbie with a question. has anyone used the spectre component intake system. if so did it work?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^No, but this is the first I've heard of it.

You're probably better off just hopping on ebay and buying one that's made for your car. You can get it equally as cheap, and it'll be much more likely to fit perfectly.

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
spectre is the name brand u find at autozone you can use the piping but buy a aem filter for it.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^No, but this is the first I've heard of it.

You're probably better off just hopping on ebay and buying one that's made for your car. You can get it equally as cheap, and it'll be much more likely to fit perfectly.
Yupppppp.
I buy ebay intakes for my cars, and then plan on putting K&N filters on them. But I never get around to it. lol

But yeah, you'll pay 80-100 (ballpark) for an autozone intake, so just go on ebay and get one for 30.

emerican

Registered VIP
^ thats true you never do lol which is bad ebay filters are garbage
I agree with everybody else buy an ebay sri for the pipping and then thrown an aem dryflow filter on it.

Mysteryemotionz

Registered VIP
The spectre piping is junk. The inside of the pope is lined with something that flakes. Those flakes then enter your engine n cause problems.

I used a spectre intake on a 95 dodge intrepid as there was no aftermarket for the car. The, lining then flakes n damaged my valves. I had to tear the head apart n rebuild.

I've ran both a k&n n spectre filter on the spectre piping n had the same results. I trust there filter over the piping.

I'm not the only one that experienced this flaking either. I buddy of mine with an eclipse had the same issue n pointed out the issue.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn never even knew about that^ Good info for future refrences

priest3131

just switched back to stock no power gain with the spectre like stock better just going to slap a k n filter into the civic and call it a day