10+ Year Member
That really sucks. you aight?

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pulls out in front of you? how fast were you going? 55?

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im fine, just carless right now
I was doing about 60.

aaren99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn that sux, glad you are ok. Did you run directly into the back of him or side impact?

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks everyone
yeah im fine. walked away with a nice seat belt rash but thats it. and my knee went through the dash. but i didnt know till the paramedic got there.
its too bad i was just puttting together a b18b -Turbo setup for the winter. guess thats on hold.
kinda sucks, but what can u do.
if anyone knows anyone with any hondas for sale in the NE let me know. im looking but dont want to spend more than 4G right now cause i might b going to NYC for grad school. But i do need something till next fall.

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aaren99 said:
damn that sux, glad you are ok. Did you run directly into the back of him or side impact?
Hit his drivers side door. brand new Silverado. His was totaled too. He sure was a nice guy though, acknowledged that it was his fault and told the cop that.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn. that sux man. im surprised that u didnt do more damage to urs if you totaled his.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Partizan said:
is it gona be totaled?
most times, when a car is heavily damaged and airbags are deployed, insurance companies will total the car so they don't have to cover the cost of replacing the airbags.

99EBPSi

RIP - MH - 11/06/06
Mr. Lin said:
most times, when a car is heavily damaged and airbags are deployed, insurance companies will total the car so they don't have to cover the cost of replacing the airbags.
and usually on those that's when there's not damage to core support. I mean look at that thing, it's bent/broke beyond fixing, and when the core support breaks, motor can be in for a rough ride.

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ill c if i can get the pic from his truck up there. once again not a good pic from phone

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
99EBPSi said:
Umm, appears it got through/bent the core support, if this car isn't totaled, she'll never be the same.
I don't think that'd be as big of a problem as the small things he's probably broken along with the crushed frame rails. The core support is pretty easy to replace...though a pain in the ass for sure.

Eran's core support was replaced and his subframe was repaired. Besides his hood needing an adjustment he's good. Car runs fine, no problems at all. I imght be able to dig up a photo os the damage if need be... though most of the damage was down low and therefore not as scary looking as this is.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
civic_nick2 said:
kinda sucks, but what can u do
damn, sucks to hear but it seems like you got the right attitude...usually people are pissed off or bummed out but you still seem mellow about it :lol:

:thumbs up to you, hope everything works out

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
damn that sucks, hopefully insurance pays you off, and all goes well, what can you do? as long as it wasn't your fault, your not hurt, and all is covered, you'll be all good