Not New to Honda's, and I've Got A Problem...

TheHatchGuy

5+ Year Member
Hey Guys,

My name is Max and I'm from New York. More specifically, Long Island, but I grew up in Bayside, Queens. Well anyway, enough about me, lets get on to my predicament. I'm currently a senior in high school and I found out I'm going to attend Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin in the fall. And that is basically my problem. It's not that I'm going to that school (I'm actually really excited to go), but it the fact that I'm looking for my second car (currently daily-ing my 1997 Acura CL 2.2) and I'm worried if I'm going to be able to daily an EJ8 (my new love) without any serious problems, given that I "winter-prep" the car. I daily-ed my CL during the last winter but I lucked out because it wasn't too bad in New York. What do you guys think? Am I better off crossing the line over to a Scoobie and trying to find a 2000- 2001 Impreza RS 2.5? Thanks guys, I need some direction.

-Max

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Uhhh snow ummm northern yankee folks go

RonJ

Banned
I don't get it. So what's the problem? Put a new battery in your car of choice, change the oil and coolant, do a tune up, replace the tires if necessary, make sure the heater works, and drive to your Wisconsin college.

TheHatchGuy

5+ Year Member
I don't get it. So what's the problem? Put a new battery in your car of choice, change the oil and coolant, do a tune up, replace the tires if necessary, make sure the heater works, and drive to your Wisconsin college.
You guys think it'll do fine in the Wisconsin winters?

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Does fine in the Minnesota winters lol. They arnt that bad. We don't have mountains here.

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Well mine did decent in Newfoundland weather ( my road doesn't get plowed for 48 hours or more after a storm) and a storm here is 2 feet in like 4 hours hahahah...

TheHatchGuy

5+ Year Member
Well mine did decent in Newfoundland weather ( my road doesn't get plowed for 48 hours or more after a storm) and a storm here is 2 feet in like 4 hours hahahah...
What type of tires did you have? Did you have studs? Chains?

00CivicSiR

Em1 Crew
Get snow tires and it will cruise through snow with no problems, that's what I do for my DD hatch (I'm in Minnesota)