Not so NEW to clubcivic.com

EM1Nate

EM1N8's 99 Si
Hey everyone, I have been a member for quite some time but I haven't really participated in the forum... I am currently on deployment to Afghanistan and have been spending alot more time on the net. I will be on this site reading and researching some things that I want to do to my EM1 when I get home. Although I am thinking the car is older now and not in pristine shape so I am thinking of getting an RSX Type-S and going from there.

However, should I choose to keep the EM1 then I will want to rebuild the entire car, thus stripping it down to the frame and I want to sand blast the frame and spray with truck bed liner to prevent rusting. Also the bottom of the vehicle I want to do the same, I think it will help keep road noise down. On the inside I am thinking of using sound deaden-er as well as in the doors and trunk. Will this make the car too heavy?

I want to do a swap to get more power but is it worth all the work to put in a H22 also isnt it hard to find a red top by now? The easier swap is the B18 and its not much more power than the B16 I have now. I would be planning to turbo the engine and upgrading everything. I have a price range of about $10,000 to drop in to the civic all together but I also want to put a R33 kit and repaint the outside. The window seals all need to be replaced as well so the paint will cost about $2500.

I will have to post up picks during the transformation to keep you all updated. Wish me luck!!!

EM1Nate

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good luck!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There really isn't much of a "frame" to these civics, but a bedliner coating would be ok. They use something similar from the factory. As for sound deadening, sounds like ur on the right path.

I personally would stray away from a body kit, but u live and learn.

Post pics of the car if u got em, and stay safe over there!

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good luck with your plans! im all for stripping a car and building it from the ground up if you got the money! i would stray away from body kits, but to each theyre own! motor wise, why not stay with the b16, get an lsd tranny, and boost it!

EM1Nate

EM1N8's 99 Si

Here are some images. I now have Konig Zero rims with Kumho Ectsas and I have a removable aftermarket steering wheel. Also I have died the carpet red which was a bum idea so now I will be putting new red carpet in it. It was worth a try though for the price difference.

Have been reading up on ECU tuning and I am getting an idea what I want to do to my motor but again thats going to be a while away before I actually start. Any tips on what the best setup is for a B16?

If the pics dont show up try here http://www.carsponsors.com/803621

Last edited:

EM1Nate

EM1N8's 99 Si
Ok, been doing more reading and I think I am going to go with a B20 Vtec swap. Being that I already have the B16A2 head, All I need is to rebuild the tranny to put in the better synchros and LSD or get a ITR tranny if I can find one. Some ITR cams and pistons and I already have the ITR intake manifold with AEM ram air. Slap on some headers and that should be the basics. I know there is more to it than that but I am looking at the large parts. I know I will need to P&P head replace motor mounts etc. Once I start doing the build I will focus on the small stuff.

One thing I am not so sure about is the B20 block. I know the sleeves are thinner do to it being bored out a bit, however people are saying they are not that bad. I also do not intend to force induce this engine at which point if later on in life I do, I know to sleeve the block. Does anyone know what power I should be looking at? I am thinking an all motor build will be around 200WHP? I found a Stoker kit for it to make it a 2.04L motor. Does anyone recommend doing this for an all motor build?

I am open to all suggestions and opinions. Thanks

I am thinking of repainting the car Gunmetal and going with red highlights. Red carpet, seats and door inserts.

EM1Nate

EM1N8's 99 Si
Hey people, just giving an update. Will be home in about two weeks to start working in the EM1...I will be buying another car to use as a daily while I build. Still havent decided what to do motor wise. I am thinking B20Vtec as stated before, however I am trying to find out which build would be best. Should I build up my B16A2 and boost, or do the B20 swap?? I have an overall starting budget of $5k max but I want to keep it as cheap as possible however I do want to do it right. By the time I finish the build I could possibly have a total budget of $7500 for the motor. Overall, I plan on dumping about $15,000 into it over the next year or two.

I am open to everyone's thoughts and opinions. I think that the first thing I will do is the motor work before I start on the rest of the car.

:drive: