Not turning over Help?

eurocivic

After work i went to start my car, but it wouldnt turn over. So while i pushed the car my buddy dumped the clutch and started right up. I thought it was the spark plugs not sparking, but dad seems to think its a short somewhere. Can anyone offer suggestions?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you check your starter? sounds like thats your issue if you can jump it with your clutch and a push. Starters do die out

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Like above check starter. This happen to me last week and it ended up being a loose wire that unplugged.

James315

check the clutch pedal there a rubber stopper thing that breaks and falls out usually at the most points in time and it activates the safety swich for the starter to work had that problem personally many times.

CLX(99)

If your starter works fine after checking it, you might want to check the switch under your clutch pedal. They may crap out at times and won't allow the car to start, since it is in charge of letting the car know to allow the car to start because the pedal is being pressed otherwise it acts as if the clutch is never being pushed.

eurocivic

Checked the clutch thing first then i checked the starter. nothing seemed loose, but i unplugged the one thats not bolted on and plugged it back in and the car turned right over.

jbthesecond

so im having the same problem i have a 1995 eg6 with a b16a2 and my battery is fine all my wires to the starter is good this started when i was driving long distance i went to the gas station and went to start the car nothing but if i pop the clutch it will start right up battery is good how to i bypass the saftey on the clutch button !!! thanks:shock: