OBD0 B16 tach issues

Discussion in 'Interior / Audio / Electronics' started by oandy1010, Oct 22, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. oandy1010

oandy1010 New Member

okay so first off, thanks for looking at this thread. to the main problem, after my b16 swap in my 91 civic sedan, i converted from auto to manual and installed a tach. i bought a s**t one from ebay only cause it could read up to 9,500 rpm. the problem is, it reads perfect at idle, but from about 1,500 rpm and up, it goes erratic. i just went to autozone and got a little 35 dollar tach since i thought ebay failed me once again, only to find out the rpm would read the same! so i think i connected it to the wrong wire or something... i used plug 12 in the gauge cluster which is for the tach, which is why i dont understand this madness!!! any ideas what it could be?

2. reichbc

reichbc "Brandon"

B16 is obd2 i believe.

3. oandy1010

oandy1010 New Member

i promise you. B16A1, hate saying it, but from a Honda Integra

4. oandy1010

oandy1010 New Member

Just replaced plugs, plug wires, cap, rotor, ignitor, problem still there

5. oandy1010

oandy1010 New Member

Bump bump bump