obd1 v.s. obd2

silver booolet

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i can get a gsr head for cheap but its obd2 and i need a obd1 whats the difference between obd1 and obd2? i know injectors, distributor? what else? is the harness different to the obd1 because it comes with a full harness also. thanks! for any help

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I recommend looking up obd1 conversion.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I recommend using the harness thats in your car and extending the O2 sensor wires off the harness 1.5 feet, or buying one of the conversion ones which lengthen the wires via plugging it up.( I have 2 made) I'd extend the iat sensor wires about 4-5 inches. Extend the oil sending unit about 5 inches also. That should be about it b/c I just got done doing a swap into my 4 door. And don't forget to do all the wiring with the motor out of the car b/c it is way easier, also, put the harness on the motor out of the car. Also, if you have power steering, the power steering hoses are different between the civics and integras. You will have to get an integra power steering hose if you want to use it. The point where it bolts up to the pump is way different so be prepared for that. The alternator plugs will be different also, but you can use the obd2 alternator by swapping the plugs. there is wiring info on this site in the how to's, but the distributor wiring on the same post is wrong. I'd use your O2 sensor also.

silver booolet

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so my obd1 harness will be able to plug and play with the obd2 with all that modifications done to it?

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
change a plug and lengthen 2 wires if it has the iat sensor in the intake, if it has a plug in the intake manifold like it probably will, then no problems. Either way, it is super easy to do.