oem civic leather...it does exist

unr8ed06

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oem civic leather...it does exist *NOW WITH PICS*

so yesterday i went to a local import salvage yard for an ac fan. i always check out every civic to see if there are any other parts i may want. i saw a black coupe 97-00. the front was gone. i started walking over toward it and peeked inside and behold, leather seats. i couldnt believe it. the driver seat back was bent sideways and it looked like maybe the pass side was too. the rear was perfect. the seats were open to the elements so the leather was alittle hard on the fronts. some leather conditioner would probably take care of that. i'm thinking about going back and asking how much. i know i could bend the seat back. i have grey interior now. i was really wanting grey leather integra seats but, if the price is right i may get these. my interior is grey and the car is VSM (2000 sedan) w/ tinted windows so i think there is enough black to complement each piece. what do you guys think?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
do you have a camera phone? ... nevermind im sure you do.

why the f**k didnt you take pics?? lol this thread is borderline fail because you have no pics

:lol:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im pretty sure the integrity of the seats is gone if they are bent..
i would search into it more and try to find somehting that wouldnt kill u in a crash

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im pretty sure the integrity of the seats is gone if they are bent..
i would search into it more and try to find somehting that wouldnt kill u in a crash
:werd: just like they always say: Cheap isnt reliable

KielJG

5+ Year Member
Up here is Canada we have the Acura 1.6EL that comes with factory leather. The EL is just a high end Civic EX, everything is direct fit.

Honda9206

Working on the 92 DX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes we need pictures. Also if by some miracle the seats are the same way you could just get the leather and put it over your old seats

JMan8108

SOHC VTEC SON!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Its probably an aftermarket kit, usually katskinz, installed by the dealer as an option, same as the leather that comes in EM1s.

Takiyon

5+ Year Member
Leather Seats???

Damn!!!! If I knew this I would not have spend the money on Leather Covers For My EX. This Sucks!!! It seems like leather is a real b***h to find for civics.

unr8ed06

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok....are you ready?
are you sure you're ready?
i don't think you're ready
well i guess if you're ready
here's the seats when i found them. the pics were taken with my storm so the quality isn't the greatest

neat huh. but guess what.
guess.
.BAM b***h

yea i went ahead and got it. i'll prolly post it for sale on here. fiugred one of you guys would want it. needs some leather conditioner on a few spots, mostly the bench part but, other than that there are no rips. the tops are alittle faded from normal exposure to sun for 10 years. i'd have to say for being so old they're in great shape. they'll only fit coupe unfortunately. anyone interested?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
UMM, no, no USA produced or sold civic has ever came from teh factory with leather seats until the 8th gen civic, it was a dealer installed option, yes meaning custom, you can tell me i'm wrong all you want to, but go to a dealer parts department and we will tell you to go pound sand, cause it wasn't ever a option till now:thumbs up

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
UMM, no, no USA produced or sold civic has ever came from teh factory with leather seats until the 8th gen civic, it was a dealer installed option, yes meaning custom, you can tell me i'm wrong all you want to, but go to a dealer parts department and we will tell you to go pound sand, cause it wasn't ever a option till now:thumbs up
lol, I just saw that posting and assumed what I said, t'was wrong though.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow never seen that, you buy the fronts too?

unr8ed06

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no. they weren't in the greatest shape. i could probably take the covers off and use some leather conditioner on them but, i didn't get them. i may go back and get them. not sure. gotta sell the rear and a few other parts. will probably ebay the seat if it doesn't sell within a week.