OEM spray paint !!

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so i was looking at other threads and i stumbled on something good.

they said you could buy OEM car paint in a car from NAPA

and also from the following website.

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/index-fs-right.htm

anyone paints parts out of a can??? for minor things i think it might be ok such as side mirrors and door handles, but what about fenders and front bumpers????

gREENsUEDE911

:word:

I was also curious of this as i will need to replace my fenders in the future

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I painted my front bumper, side skirts, and rear lip with paint mixed for me in a can. Then I just clear coated it.

EJ1SWAG

I painted my sideskirts on my old ek 4 door with the OEM Frost white out of a spray can. They turned out really well. Just make sure you take the proper steps to prep whatever part for painting (sand, primer, etc) I used probably 5 coats of paint and then used a rustoleum clear coat. Probably 7 light coats and then wet sanded after I let them set for a couple weeks. Turned out awesome. A friend of mine did her front bumper and it also turned out well. Its all about how much effort you put into the prep work.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn, getting me all excited, lol. and just for an idea how many cans would be needed?? for a fender and for a bumper....

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
same here (bumper,lip,fogs) if you look at my build you cant even tell its from a can
damn man! i just found my spray can at O'reillys as where you got your can, thats down the street from my house. Sweet! Just need to know how many cans it will take to cover the bumper.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
anyone know how many 8 oz cans it will take to paint the bumper, 2 fenders, and the grill??? the grill is just the perimeter.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
anyone know how many 8 oz cans it will take to paint the bumper, 2 fenders, and the grill??? the grill is just the perimeter.
lol buy 2 and if you need more go get it. If it's just down the street then seems like that would be the smartest route.

Hondaflow

It depends on how many coats you are going to do. On my previous car i painted my hood black since i bought it from junkyard and didnt have it color matched i painted hood and bumper black.. It actually came out very well with just kmart spray paint i sanded it down all the way few coats of primer wetsand then a few coats of spray paint wetsand then few coats of clear coat. The clear coat didnt come out as well because it came out very streaky but other then that it looked nice..

WBJ

Registered VIP
It can be done for sure but pay close attention to your prep work. The overall paint job will only be as good as the prep work.

I painted my daily with rustoleum and a paint roller. 6 coats took me about a week, but 2 days of that was just prep work.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'd get like 4 paint, 2 primer, some 600 grit wetsand paper

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bumper and fenders are already primered so that saves me a few bucks. the step i was missing was to wet sand it. so just to clearly understand this, only west sand the paint and not the clear gloss??