**** Official 7th Gen Wheel Thread!*****

xavier415

5+ Year Member
Since we are on the Rims theme. Hello i am new to the forum. I had an account about 3 years ago before my civic was totaled. Anyway i have a 7th Gen vic 2001 2dr DX. I have some Racing Harts C2s 18X7.5. They fit fine when i had the stock suspension, now i am repairing the car and i bought an adjustable suspension shocks and springs. Will the rims rub the frame of the car now that the car will be lowered or will it be ok? i am planning to lower it so the tires have about 1" of space between the fender and tire. I know you cant see the rim to much but this is kinda what it looks like stock.

nenemkv

5+ Year Member
ok so totally off subject i have a 2001 honda civic si coupe and i dont know anything like sites for parts?,stages?,steps to mod it?, nothing any help ?.....i pretty much wat it looking really really sweet and be really fast

SpacePandas

5+ Year Member
I have a 2001 DX and was wanting to get a new wheels and tires, the stock wheels are 14". I want to go to 16" or 17". Will I have any rubbing problems or any other problems going to 17" from stock size?? Do I have to lower for 17"? Thanks =P

Renzo21

Nice Bowl of D17 Soup...
5+ Year Member
It depends mainly on tire size. With 17x7" rims I wouldn't get anything bigger than 215/40 and no smaller than 205/35, and if I got 16x7" I wouldn't go bigger than 215/50 and no smaller than 205/45. I wouldn't get rims with a 7.5" width because there is a much higher chance of tire rub (in the front mainly). This also depends on the offset of the rim. Stay within +35 and +45 or else your tire will rub the inside of your wheel well or your tire will hit the fender depending of the offset is too high or low. The 205 sizes (width of the tire tread) just fit on a 7" wide rim and don't provide that much cushion. I prefer the 215's as they cause less flat tires and more give in sharp turns. Also they fill in more gap in between the fender and the tire, heh...

You don't HAVE TO lower your car with any size rim, but it always looks and rides much better with aftermarket suspension. Just remember to get an alignment and check to see if you need to roll your fenders...

lizaznnn

5+ Year Member
Question...
I'm soon to be getting an EM2 ex, and want to get Enkei RS7's if I can find some. I was wondering what's the best tire size to get? and what offset and all that? Kind of new to this whole wheel stuff.. Please help!

Renzo21

Nice Bowl of D17 Soup...
5+ Year Member
Question...
I'm soon to be getting an EM2 ex, and want to get Enkei RS7's if I can find some. I was wondering what's the best tire size to get? and what offset and all that? Kind of new to this whole wheel stuff.. Please help!
What size rim is it? and read my post above. It says a lot of good info...

Renzo21

Nice Bowl of D17 Soup...
5+ Year Member
they'd be 17x7's with a 42 offset
Do you have rough or smooth roads in Lincoln? If smooth, get the 205/35's, and if rough, I would get 205/45's or, depending on how close you'll be getting to that fender, 215/40's. With more wideness comes a slight more heighth even if the heighth size of the tire is the same. It's just how it works. Just roll your fenders if your weiry of the tire hitting your fender...

johnbt27

5+ Year Member
17x7.5 SSR Competitions w/ 205/45/17 Falken Ziex 912

this is an old pic..my car is now lower(.5 finger in front, 1 finger gap in back)

gudoffer

5+ Year Member
I Need To Know What Would Look Good On This.

WHICH RIMS WOULD LOOK GOOD ON THIS goldish yellow mustard COLOUR CIVIC:

damn thats a hard colour to describe...lol...but yea...i wana put sum rims on this...so if u can recommend what would look good then woo !

ALSO CAN U POST PERHAPS SAME CAR PICS WITH RIMS...so basically gold car but with rims...just so i can get an idea...

i really need ur opinion guys...thanks