[OFFICIAL] Photoshop Post-Edit Discussion ***

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sup guys, i didn't take this picture....i actually found this picture off of honda-tech, Since i don't have any new automotive picture i thought i'd borrow this picture and try something new with editing my pictures.....let me know what you guys think.

Before

After

Think i over did it a little bit?

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the car itself looks awesome in the edit....not feeling that process on the whole picture though....do it just to the car, and take it easy on the background, etc. :what:

but again, that process on that car looks sick :thumbup:

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the car itself looks awesome in the edit....not feeling that process on the whole picture though....do it just to the car, and take it easy on the background, etc. :what:

but again, that process on that car looks sick :thumbup:
Bu then it wouldn't really match with the whole picture.....:what:

abs0Lut

Rockin' in the free world
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like the 2nd pic wayyyy better. The contrast and saturation makes the car and sky look a lot better. Also this may sound stupid but.. where the hell is the photo section on Honda-Tech!?

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the 2nd pic wayyyy better. The contrast and saturation makes the car and sky look a lot better. Also this may sound stupid but.. where the hell is the photo section on Honda-Tech!?
Under general

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Maybe if you edited the car just like what you have.....copy the background, then turn it to "soft light" and see if that will match up the background with the car, then just erase the car in the copy layer.

I like the ediiting on the car..but maybe too much on the background :what:

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the magic of post processing.
not my picture.

MagicOPromotion

5+ Year Member
OFFICIAL Photoshop Post Edit Discussion

Ill give it a shot this weekend.... Im pretty new to Photoshop so this will be some good practice. I am an old paint shop user

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
So I have been working on a simple technique of making the main focus in a picture color while the background is B&W.

Ferrari F40 I took a pic of and after a edit:

^^I think it game out good for a first try.

Now onto this one of my friends Type-R:

^^Again it cam out alright but one problem. If you look through the windows you can see color in the background. Is there anyway to change this?

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You could do the same process, but on a new layer, then change that layers opacity & fill to around 50-75%

or...

not do the b&w thing just because it gets old quickly and you still have color reflections