oil feed

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
When connecting your oil line to the concave plug on the turbo(function7 adapter) do you use Teflon tape or not? I was driving my Civic and boosted my turbo up to around 10psi, before it was around 3 max...when I did that the oil line (braided steel cable) basically semi stripped and oil started leaking on the turbo and on the right side of the engine bay. Not sure if I maybe did not have it tight enough, but Im sure I did, but looks like some oil must have got in between the two pieces, is really the only thing I can think of that caused this??? we changed the oil line to another braided line and it alteast will tighten down on it but still leaks a lil oil.....What do you all use for that piece and have any of you had this issue and the solution you came up so it did not do it again, as if you did not check it, you could lose quite a bit of oil and really ruin the engine, fast...luckily I think caught it time and everything is OK.....

Scorchsta

huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I use teflon tape on every thread that has fluid passing through it. As for the rest of your post, I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say but I seriously doubt not having teflon tape is going to ruin any threads. It's just going to let fluid leak easier.

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
use teflon tape around the threads. make sure you put it on the correct way so that when you tighten the bolt, it wont peel the tape off in the reverse way. lock tight wont work. lock tight is just used to lock bolts in haha. are you using an gaskets?

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
use teflon tape around the threads. make sure you put it on the correct way so that when you tighten the bolt, it wont peel the tape off in the reverse way. lock tight wont work. lock tight is just used to lock bolts in haha. are you using an gaskets?
yea it has a gasket on the function7 adapter piece connected to the turbo.....ill try new teflon tape like you said.....

--<EM1>--

boosted ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
word. i just ordered some oil feed and return stuff from atpturbo.com