Oil Psi Light!!!!!!!!!! Spun Rod Bearing Help Me!!!

gloryman_17

5+ Year Member
i have a 2005 honda civic, with the dezod turbo kit internals and all im also using kpro

i was driving down the interstate when all of a sudden the oil psi light started blinking and then it went solid i pulled over and turned the car off to check my oil and my turbo i let the car sit for about 25 mins then checked the oil and it was fine the turbo was also fine, i jacked the car up ( yes on the side of the effin interstate) and i had no leaks or holes, i then started the car to hear a awful knock which happend to be a spun rod bearing but the oil psi light it no longer on and doesnt come on i took the motor to 3500 rpms and it still did not come on, does this sound like a bad oil pump?

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah it does. usually if the oil light comes on for more than a few seconds with the car running, you need a new engine.

Tkdtim1226

5+ Year Member
The good news is D17's are pretty cheap from what I hear. Definitely under a grand. Build yourself another one. This time with a bigger turbo :lol:

speedfoos

5+ Year Member
Are you running an aftermarket oil pressure gauge? If not, this is one of the first things I would buy after the rebuild. The OP light on the D17 (and maybe others) does not come on until the pressure is really low, like below 5 psi. The stock D17 oil pump is pretty stout and not prone to failure. What weight of oil are/were you running?

Since you're rebuilding the motor, you may as well replace the oil pump. They're only like $45 from Majestic.