oil spew after change

AnimeKid

Ok guys I have changed my oil several times on my car as well as other types of vehicles and have never experienced this problem. I just got done changing the oil, got the drain plug snug and the oil filter snug. I then filled the car up to the proper levels crank the car and was pulling it of the ramps when all of a sudden I heard a spewing spraying noise. I turned the car off immediately and got out and there was oil all over the ground. Im afraid to move the vehicle. Here is the question what in the heck could it be? Im thinking the filter was not tight enough or worst case some how blew a gasket. What do you think? :?: :shocked2:

AnimeKid

I got under there a little bit of go but it is to dang dark and everything is covered in oil. Ill check it when I wake up and let you know if I figured anything out.

RonJ

Banned
The rubber seal from the old oil filter probably stuck to the block. The new oil filter now has two rubber seals, causing the oil leak.

AnimeKid

The rubber seal from the old oil filter probably stuck to the block. The new oil filter now has two rubber seals, causing the oil leak.
Very very smart man here lol. Yeah that is exactly what it was. Got under there and felt around and realized there was a gap. took the new filter off and there were two rings on there plus the new filter was cracked, dont know how that happened it was fine before it went on. So that ended up being the most expensive oil change ive ever done.