ok how the hell....

the805btch

5+ Year Member
Ok how the hell is the O2 sensor supposed to be changed? Like mine is harder than hell. My boyfriend was trying today and he was using all his strength to try and turn it and it wont even budge. LOL any tips or suggestions as to wut might help? :?:

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WD40 and a good quality wrench.....but if its on the cat u can forget it.

SpeedFiends

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the805btch said:
Ok how the hell is the O2 sensor supposed to be changed? Like mine is harder than hell. My boyfriend was trying today and he was using all his strength to try and turn it and it wont even budge. LOL any tips or suggestions as to wut might help? :?:
are you using the spark plug socket to remove it?

hmm if it has to come down to it, use a breaker bar, or liquid wrench that b***h =)

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
get a stronger boyfriend, or buy him weights for his birthday or christmas.....

pb blaster might help too, wd40 is crap....

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
get a stronger boyfriend, or buy him weights for his birthday or christmas.....

pb blaster might help too, wd40 is crap....
haha i was gonna say that, but then agian im only 172lb 6"2'....ya but i would liquid wrench that thing and tap it wit a hammer.

Volitech

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The easiest way to get a o2 out that won't budge without breaking it is to get a torch and heat the exhaust manifold till its red hot right around the o2 then use a socket to turn it out! Not everyone has a torch available but it is the easiest way!

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha honda replaced my cat under warrenty and to save themselves from having to spend more money they took half the day getting my old o2 sensor out and putting it in my new cat instead of just gettting me a new o2 sensor

bastards

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Soak it down in SeaFoam Deep Creep.

Use the proper socket, a breaker bar, and cheater pipe.

the805btch

5+ Year Member
OMFG!!! 2 funny....

:rolf: :haha: :nod: Ya tooo funny!!!! but on the real I got the thing off but now my fuking cars check engine light is on and wont go off. I took the neg battery cable off for a while to clear the memory. (or is it supposed to b the positive?) LOL any ways thanks LOL

DEEGORILLA06

HATERZ NIGHTMARE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
can you post pics of you trying to take off the o2 sensor???heheheh j/k or not...hehehe :D

the805btch

5+ Year Member
ok now can someone

ok can someone pls tell me why the check engine light is on now that I got the new o2 sensor installed? and also in the morning when I go to start my car ( and the car is cold) it almost doesnt start, and even has backfired then as soon as it gets a little warmed up its all good. I know it has to do w/the o2 sensor, but does anyone have any ideas what exactly might be the cause? could it be because the idiot that did it didnt torque the sensor? Please any help is really apprecieated, (that is help besides me buying some dumbbells and/or getting a new boyfriend LOL)
thanks again

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you thorwing any codes if not and your engine light is still on take out the hazerd fuse in the engine bay for 10 secs. and put it back in and it will reset you ecu.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
4doorcivic16 said:
are you thorwing any codes if not and your engine light is still on take out the hazerd fuse in the engine bay for 10 secs. and put it back in and it will reset you ecu.
Correct on how to clear the code.

Best way that i have found is to jack the 4g up enough where he can get under the car, get a long wrench or socket, spray the O2 around where it connect to the manifold, let it soak for a bit, then wrench her off.