OMG. Another Miata lol

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
It's awesome that you got it for cheaper than what you were going to originally.

A local guy offered to sell me his mariner blue roadster in the spring for 5.5 grand. It's from Cali so I'm probably going to take him up on it. Are you on CR?

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Always nice to get a Cali car. No I'm not on club roadster yet. I'm on Miata.net

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sorry guys I'll post it up tonight. Wasn't able to finish it last night. Had to go out and buy an insane amount of liquor for the party lol.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok Update time.

Well I knew I had rust on both rockers when I bought the car. What I didn't know is I also had rust on the driverside floorboard. (my fault. I should have looked over it better) Well a month or so ago I noticed I could see the padding from the carpet under the car so i looked under and sure enough there was a hole. I figured no biggy I'll fix it later. Well Saturday night came along and I figured I might as well Fix the small hole before they start throwing salt for the winter. Yeah well. When I pulled the carpet up I found that I had no floor. My carpet is all that was holding my feet in. Anyway here's a few pics of the repair. I cut out everything and stripped all the factory seam sealer. Grinded everything down and converted al the light surface rust so it wouldn't come back. Then made a new patch panel and welded it up and spot welded it into place where the old was and then applied some new seam sealer. Primed it and painted it up and good to go. I still need to undercoat the car again before the snow comes. It was already done before but not there's obviously a section that's not anymore. Ill do that in a few days.

Oh and i used black paint cause that's what I had lol. Ill paint it white when I replace the carpet that has a nice hole in it.

Anyway here's some pics.

This is what I found under the floor.

Cutting everything out

Everything cut out (forgot to take a pic of the prep work after)

After prep and paint

Test fit of first piece

Tacking the pieces together of my new floor pan lol ( i really need to refill my argon tank so i can stop using this stupid flux core welder)

All in sealed and painted.

As you can see I did most of the work at night with the lovely 20 degree weather lol

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A white Miata is going to be my next RWD project sense I've done the 240 thing a few times already