Omni Power Full Coilover Setup

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what are everyone's thoughts on this system? Pro's/con's.....

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, I've been doing a bunch of research on these too, tons of information on honda-tech.com clubsi.com etc. They've been getting really good reviews but they found a problem with some of their rear dampers, i can't remember the exact problem off the top of my head but the updated version is supposed to be out soon. Overall I've been hearing two thumbs up.

maldini76

5+ Year Member
they're actually pretty new, so the may not be as tried and tested as the other brands but online reviews i have read rate it one of the best under $1000 for a full coilover setup.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
love mine. head and shoulders above tein garbage.

Rubixcu7

Not Fittin In...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have just the coil sleeves and i LOVE THEM! im glad i dint pay more for skunk2

civicracer2218

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I personally don't like them because my brother had it on his 99 SI and didn't like the fact that the shocks were non-adjustable...the ride was "Ok"...so he sold those after like a couple of months and for the same price, maybe a slight more he picked up some TEIN SS which are really nice I might add. Now his SI rides like a LEXUS. You can't say that about OMNI. I guess its about preference...I would much rather have comfort then looks, and I wouldn't mind spending the money for something well worth it like TEIN.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just installed omnis in my accord tonight.. caused alot of headaches, not due to the coilovers but due to bitchy bolts and first time suspension experiance, Ive only driven it a little but it dramatically effected the way the car drives.. so far so good, maybe Ill tell you how I feel ina few weeks after Ive driven the car everday..

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civicracer2218 said:
I personally don't like them because my brother had it on his 99 SI and didn't like the fact that the shocks were non-adjustable...the ride was "Ok"...so he sold those after like a couple of months and for the same price, maybe a slight more he picked up some TEIN SS which are really nice I might add. Now his SI rides like a LEXUS. You can't say that about OMNI. I guess its about preference...I would much rather have comfort then looks, and I wouldn't mind spending the money for something well worth it like TEIN.
sometimes upgrading your suspension is not for it to ride like an "lexus" might be for performance.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
forgot to add that imo tien is shitty. overrated overpriced.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
civicracer2218 said:

exactly, teins spring rates suck for anything more than bitches who want comfort over performance. if you actually want your car to handle better, get omnis. if you want to be a ricer, get teins.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just ordered mine today from jhpusa.com

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
handlebarsfsr said:
exactly, teins spring rates suck for anything more than bitches who want comfort over performance. if you actually want your car to handle better, get omnis. if you want to be a ricer, get teins.
Or if your civic is a daily driver and like the better part of civic drivers the car never goes to the track... the teins are fine. I prefer having my spine in tact.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jus cause theres comfort in tein doesn;t mean there is no performance...

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my omnis arent rough at all.. I am very surpised, I was expecting to get that nice coilover bump, but no.. very smooth yet still stiff.. now theyre breaking in a little more with driving, Im really liking them.. as of now I prefer Omnis alot..