Omnipower - Marketing to the retards

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

okay.. FYI, you can buy this s**t @ home depot for a grand total of $4.xx (i know because i've done it before) and home depot is closer to you, no waiting on shipping

:wtf: is this world coming too?? they took the washer trick into a selling/marketing scheme?!?!? i wouldn't be suprised if people bought it either

georgelb

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
People have been pulling that on eBay forever...but it is sad that Omnipower would do it.

Ace$nyper

georgelb said:
People have been pulling that on eBay forever...but it is sad that Omnipower would do it.
amen i just lost a TON of respect for them

its not cool to rip your buyers off like that selling somthing with no r&d or that its just some joker going to home depot for you.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh man... I should buy that...

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I bought one .... but only because it came with the Skunk2 front camber kit I just bought off ebay .... $142.50 shipped :thumbs up

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Omnipower is just cashing in... did you know Ingalls have been selling the same thing for quite a while now.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i hope they both go out of business

civicvtec1ps

7thgencivic.com Mod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Umm, all other suspension companies has been selling front camber replacement bolts for long time.
SPC, Ingalls and now omni. or ebay,

I don't see what's the big deal is.
Just don't buy it.

Companies are putting those up on thier sites because there are always idiots who buys crap products without a clue what they are.

As long as they can sell them, companies will put those on sale, because they can make money from idoits.

Omni has been selling suspension and motor components like hotcakes because of qualtiy and price.
Won't go out of business unless they decide to jack up the price because of demands.'

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shiznit028 said:
i hope they both go out of business
You're retarded .... that's like saying NX should go out of business because the provide the components for the F&F Nitrous Kit ..... don't hate an entire business just because they put out one crappy thing that's designed to MAKE MONEY .... yes, that IS what business do, MAKE MONEY.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civicvtec1ps said:
Umm, all other suspension companies has been selling front camber replacement bolts for long time.
SPC, Ingalls and now omni. or ebay,

I don't see what's the big deal is.
Just don't buy it.

Companies are putting those up on thier sites because there are always idiots who buys crap products without a clue what they are.

As long as they can sell them, companies will put those on sale, because they can make money from idoits.

Omni has been selling suspension and motor components like hotcakes because of qualtiy and price.
Won't go out of business unless they decide to jack up the price because of demands.'
front camber correction can not be done with some home depot bolts and washers..

Rex_Rokit

No Rice, All Rokit
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
people would try to sell u a sack of shyt if they thought u would buy it ... its on u as a consumer to know what to buy and what not to buy ... i can't fault omni power for that ... just the dumazz who buys it

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EK_Eran_EK said:
You're retarded .... that's like saying NX should go out of business because the provide the components for the F&F Nitrous Kit ..... don't hate an entire business just because they put out one crappy thing that's designed to MAKE MONEY .... yes, that IS what business do, MAKE MONEY.

its NOTHING like the NX f&f deal... an NX nitrous kit is not something you can buy at homedepot for $10.. it is a nitrous kit no matter how you market it.. and it is not really available cheaper... the big deal to him (and others) is this.. they did not invent the rear washer trick..someone did and did NOT try to cash in on it.. the person who figured it out just passed it on.. for free.. they came up with a quick inexpensive fix.. and it has been passed on from honda tuner to tuner.. and so on.. and it is insulting when a company takes an unoriginal idea and makes an effort to cash in on it.. it would be like if my friend was like you can stick these bolts in that lose vacum line to tie it off (something ive seen on TONS of domestics for some reason.. lol) and i was like f**k thats a good idea and started selling "high tech vacum elimination ends" for $49.99 and all you got was a bag of bolts to shove in the vacum lines.. i hope that brings to light why this product is annoying..

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont think he meant that the nitrous was crappy and you could buy it at home depot.. I think he was stating that its just a company trying to cash in on something.. but as for me, blah.. f**k it, I mean companies rip off others all the time.. Im suprised it pisses someone off anymore..

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pleas, don't get me wrong. i didn't know other companies sold these at all. . . i was just lookin for some prices (dreaming) and came across this like :wtf:

now i post this one honda-tech and people are sayin it's worth it cuz the bolts are high grade and they dont trust the home depot bolts :roll: sayin that the home depot bolts would break... seriulsy.. NO but whatever, i think that's a personal issue.

but i do understand companies are just tryin to cash in, all good by me

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok, i'm a fellow retard. I got this as part of a package that robear is offering .

The bolts are actually pretty good. The washers on the other hand could be better. After installing the entire kit, I only put on 2 washers per bolt. I had a local shop put on the last coilover cause I broke a socket, hollowed out one of the hex screws (stripped the crap out of it holding the swaybar to the LCA) and could't get the last bolt on the LCA off on the last rear corner. I asked them to only put 2 washers per bolt cause I wasn't going to lower it too much. Short end of the story is that the shop forgot to give me back the rest of the washers and so I got a pack for $2 of "Hillman" grade 5 washers so I could correct the rear camber because the weels were still leaning.

The ones I got from Lowes were much better and I ended up replacing the existing ones that omnipower came with on both sides of the car. I still used the bolts because they seemed to be pretty good. The way you tell is the color of the metal, if it looks kinda of brassy, they are a much better/harder mix of metal (i think steel and a bit of copper/brass to resist rusting). Plus there is a little more contact area with the ones I got which gives me a better peice of mind that it will last and hold a little better.

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i seen that omni kit and was tripping out, but I think they offer it to get "exact" camber adjustments with the size of washers they provide. I guess it's sort of like piece of mind knowing that you are adjusting camber proportionately....I would never buy it though...although, i don't lose respect for omni, they have really good products...

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah, i'm not sure about the "exact" part of what you saw since people who get this kit are bound to adjust it to different hieghts. I'm going to get an alignment here soon so I'll let you know how that goes.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yah, what the hell are you talkng about "exact?"

Think of your suspension as a triangle. Every time you change the length of a side, the measure of the angle changes. How is that going to be "exact" when you use the same bolts for every honda with every combonation of suspension parts?

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whoa, sorry boys... i heard they measured the amount of camber adjustment for each washer so that if you need a certain degree of camber adjustement you could use the already measured washers...just what i heard, that's why I put
"exact" in quotes meaning some sarcasm...