Online tire companies are retarded

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got a flat on one of my tires the other day, and to help things out none of the tire warehouses around here carry a replacement in my size :???: (205/40/17) 2 Different places told me my best bet was online.

So I have been searching online for about an hour and it occured to me...

When ordering one uni-directional tire, none of the sites let you pick the side it is going on....so what, do they send you one random friggin tire?

argghh, I guess I gotta call now...seems like the simple solution, but it just baffles me why they wouldn't fix such a big error for a tire retailer.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those are some skinny-ass 17's :???:

Good luck finding a tire.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that VERBAL said:
They are 17x7, that's a very common size.
Just seems skinny to me when I run 205's on a stock honda wheel. :lol:

Never understood a 17 that wasn't wide as the day is long ;)

SweetEBPSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that VERBAL said:
When ordering one uni-directional tire, none of the sites let you pick the side it is going on....so what, do they send you one random friggin tire?.
It doesn't matter. One tire can be mounted anywhere. It just matters how it is mounted on the rim.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what kind of lame ass tire stores don't sell 205/40/17's? i've bought from america's tire co. and i know les schwab has them. Uni-directional tires are all the same, the difference is when they are mounted, they have to be oriented to which side of the car the wheel is going to be on, no big deal.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Think of a mono-directional tire like a penny on it's edge. You can have whatever side face whatever direction, it just matters how you turn it.

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:smackself: you guys are right, I just went and looked at them. The guy at the tire warehouse was asking me what side it was on since it was a directional tire and I came under the impression there were R and L :???: I didn't bother to look at the actual tread:lol:

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that VERBAL said:
:smackself: you guys are right, I just went and looked at them. The guy at the tire warehouse was asking me what side it was on since it was a directional tire and I came under the impression there were R and L :???: I didn't bother to look at the actual tread:lol:
Yea I was going to tell you that it just depends on what side you mount them on. I have 45's on my 17's how is your ride?

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Slick_99 said:
Yea I was going to tell you that it just depends on what side you mount them on. I have 45's on my 17's how is your ride?
I wouldn't be able to give you an accurate review of my 40 series since my shocks have been blown since the declaration of independence :lol:

yeah, it's kind of rough...We have some of the worst roads in the country here though.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that VERBAL said:
I wouldn't be able to give you an accurate review of my 40 series since my shocks have been blown since the declaration of independence :lol:

yeah, it's kind of rough...We have some of the worst roads in the country here though.
some of the worst? drive in alabama.. :lol:

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
drive in boston on a slammed suspension and make it through without a dented rim or a broken front lip...

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
rei said:
some of the worst? drive in alabama.. :lol:
:rolf: :werd: Yeah you think potholes are bad, try a place where half the people live on rocky dirt roads with dips the size of small ditches... there's a reason everyone drives huge jacked up trucks. :lol: