Out of state vehicle purchase

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Doubt this is where it should go, but I'm curious. How would you go about purchasing a vehicle in another state, and then bringing back and registering / transferring the title?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
Usually u can take it to the dmv or police station there and get paperwork. In my state if u buy a car that has a title from another state u need a bill of sale too and you need to get a vin inspection done to get the necessary paperwork to transfer the title over to u. It wasnt that bad for me when I did it.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
here you dont have to do s**t, just pay the taxes on it, iv bought like 4 civic from florida

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm just trying to estimate an average price in case I see a car in a nearby state with a good price and want to jump on it. I've searched around Google a little but didn't find much of what I was looking for.

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
I'm just trying to estimate an average price in case I see a car in a nearby state with a good price and want to jump on it. I've searched around Google a little but didn't find much of what I was looking for.

Just call your local dmv or courthouse and ask them what the requirements are for a out of state title along with any extra fees

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I bought my EM1 from Iowa, and I'm from Nebraska.

You will take the title from out of state to your DMV, and they will transfer the title info onto your states title. Depending on your state.. you might have to get it inspected for matching VINs. It's a really easy process.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh okay. Thanks for the info.