Overfueling/Flooding??

MorbidAngel

I have a '93 Civic 1.5 LSi with the D15B2 engine.

I had massive probs with starting the car from cold, once it started (most of the time from bumping) it would idle around 1500 until it warmed up and tthen drop to around 1100, read through posts and tried various things, not much helped.. Just replaced the intake manifold (including throttle housing and vacuum pipes), the car started (still idling arounf 1100, but thats cool, it starting first time on key) and drove for about 5-6miles, parked up, all was fine..

Came back out next morning, when I tryed to start the car it flooded itself, (to get over this I clamp the main fuel line, turn engine over til it fires, it starts running for few seconds and dies from lack of fuel, then I take clamp off), I turn the key and fuel is quite literally squirting into the chamber (it primes correctly, but when it cranks over, just pours fuel it carb), i've been told it could be fuel pressure regulator, but no-one stocks one and cant find right one on any site,

Can anyone shed any light on this please??

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What do you mean u can't find one on any site

This is for a b7 but theyre probably the same part number:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=1993&catcgry3=4DR+LX&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=INTAKE+MANIFOLD

Or you can go aftermarket:
http://www.tunersports.com/fuel-pressure-regulator_c52pg1.html

And theres always the junkyard and ebay. But first why don't you go to the parts store and pick up a fuel pressure tester to make sure the regulators actually the culprit

MorbidAngel

I cant find any parts that look even remotely similar to the part on my car, now unless the mechanic aint got a clue and has shown me the wrong bit, everything else just looks wrong..

He pointed out the black 'UFO' type thing on top?!

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That is not a fuel pressure regulator. That's your charcoal canister where a lot of vacuum related stuff plugs into. If you look in my first link the fuel pressure regulator is number 6 and it sits on your fuel rail which is located abovewhere the intake manifold connects to the head, Tell your mechanic he's retarded. Pic: