Overfueling?

Sirk

5+ Year Member
since installing my edelbrock kit if i put my foot to the floor, or go over 4k rpm(except 1st gear), it throws a CEL and goes limp, and if i keep driving it starts to backfire, if i then stop switch car off, and start it again CEL goes off, drives fine, until i do above, it has a strong smell of petrol inside, nowhere has been able to read the CEL code, could it be running rich under load and be causing this? the only thing that was done different from the instructions was i had the o2 sensor extended, which i had redone incase it was that causing the problem.

any help will be great people

quicksilver1689

tuning owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmmm, do u have a missing link for ur map sensor? and what fuel mang. does edlebrock supply with the kit you installed?

Sirk

5+ Year Member
i'm not using a missing link as im only running 6psi at the moment, but i still might get one see if it helps, edelbrock supply a piggyback type unit

quicksilver1689

tuning owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmmmm, do u know what CEL codes its throwing? thatll be a good start.

Sirk

5+ Year Member
no i couldn't get it to bring anything myself using the paperclip two-pin way, and 3 shops have failed to get it from the DLC, :/

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If your map sees boost your car will just shut off like that and the missing link is crap. I bought 2 missing links and they were both defective :( I ended up using some 1 way check valves from a pet shop, I think they're used in fish tanks.

Sirk

5+ Year Member
where do you connect them cause my map sensor is on the the throttle body

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sirk said:
where do you connect them cause my map sensor is on the the throttle body
There has to be a vacume source to that map sensor on the tb. I'm using the map on my firewall but I do have the one on my tb too :lol:

Inigo Montoya