Overheating civic

Eg Killer

Help!!! My civic is overheating I already changed hoses, water pump and radiator and it still over heats

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
maybe ur headgasket also check all your hoses

ImThaBean

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have you checked the FIRST things to check like, thermostat, temp sensor, rad fan?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
x2 ^ , check the thermostat , if its bad it will make it run hot, i bet thats the issue

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you always change the thermstate when u change all the hoses. and you do a proper flush and make sure you leak out all the air bubbles

emerican

Registered VIP
^ this
if its the headhasket you should know from it smoking or a few other tell tale sighns of headgasket going bad.

Gunner

Registered VIP
Also make sure your fan is turning on. That would be another thing. So check thermostat, thermo sensor,cooling fan, and make sure you have enough fluid, bleed air...

Do you have any leaks...check engine light?.. the more specific information you provide the more help you will get,so people dont jump right to the most expensive and usually wrong solutions.

eK4TheWin

Plz dnt teez the SOHC
maybe ur headgasket also check all your hoses
Have you checked the FIRST things to check like, thermostat, temp sensor, rad fan?
Also make sure your fan is turning on. That would be another thing. So check thermostat, thermo sensor,cooling fan, and make sure you have enough fluid, bleed air...

Do you have any leaks...check engine light?.. the more specific information you provide the more help you will get,so people dont jump right to the most expensive and usually wrong solutions.
Hey, a couple years back, I owned a 94 ej coupe with the same issue. I had the stock d16z6 in it. i would constantly add coolant to it. However, the problem was that it would still get hot. The fact I constantly had to fill it up was an instant sign that it was leaking but I never found any puddles. If this is your case, I have heard many ppl say to check that it's not leaking into your heater core. I have never tried this, but its something you could try if your problem is leakage.

However, if your fan runs, then it could be your thermostat. My buddy is running a low-temp thermostat on his car, so the coolant begins to pump at lower temperature than typical thermostats. This could probably help you. IF you are positive that your thermostat is working and your temp sensor, then it is most likely (definitely, lol) going to be your head gasket. Maybe its not blown, but it could definitely have a bad leak. A tell-tale sign is if you smelll burning coolant, or sort of a weird rubbery smell when you get out of your car.

My $0.02.