Oxygen Sensor?

Mugen23

5+ Year Member
So i went and bought a oxygen sensor for kragens auto parts, and its a universal one the guy said it will work.
So i just got home and was about to hook it up and i realized that the universal came with ->

Universal
1- black wires
2- white wire
1- green wire

Original hook up
2- black wires
1- white wire
1- green wire

Just anyone know how to hook it up?

RonJ

Banned
Call Kragen to ask how the universal O2 sensor wires match up with the corresponding 97 Civic LX wires.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the universal ones suck and youll be throwing CELs in no time.. OE/Denso FTW

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Call Kragen to ask how the universal O2 sensor wires match up with the corresponding 97 Civic LX wires.
chances are they wont have an answer for you. they just sell the part

the universal ones suck and youll be throwing CELs in no time.. OE/Denso FTW
x2, i suggest getting a oe or plug and play one. you can try to figure it out with a wire diagram, but thats going to be alot of trial and error if you dont have a wire diagram for the universal 02 sensor itself

RonJ

Banned
chances are they wont have an answer for you. they just sell the part

Possibly, but it's worth a try. They sell the part so they may have info about how to match wires for the Civic. I know that such information can be found by a Google search. I would have looked it up, but the OP did not mention the brand and part number.

x2, i suggest getting a oe or plug and play one. you can try to figure it out with a wire diagram, but thats going to be alot of trial and error if you dont have a wire diagram for the universal 02 sensor itself

I agree with this suggestion, but it doesn't answer the OP's question.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
as someone who worked for kragen, and knows alot of people that work for kragen the person behind the counter or ringing you up will not know unless they have used that o2 sensor on that particular vehicle.

OP- you might get lucky and find a wire diagram from the maker of the oxygen sensor, use that in conjunction with the wire diagram for your car and go from there. that is going to be your best bet

RonJ

Banned
OP: What brand O2 sensor did you buy?

Based on the chart below, the two white wires are almost surely for the heater element and correspond to the two Honda1 black wires. I would then venture to guess that the Green wire is the O2 sensor ground and the Black wire is the O2 sensor signal. These wires correspond to the Honda1 Green and White wires, respectively. Of course, you need to verify my guesses by searching for a similar chart that includes your brand sensor.