Paint advice (??)

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just bought a pair of 03 cobra side mirrors. I'm going to have to get them painted (obviously), but there are a few dings and scratches in the black part shown below.

What do you think. Could these be touched up/fixed at paint? They seem to be metal, so i would think it wouldn't be a big deal. The shipper also paid for insurance, so i could claim it with UPS (which would only end up paying for 1 mirror from Ford). What do you think?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
meh, they don't look bad at all. For the corner thats chipped, you might be able to sand that just a bit so its smooth and ready for paint.

How much will you really notice it..?

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm absolutely anal about my car. I notice every little thing that's out of place and it bugs me to no end.

Was hoping to not have to worry about the black parts though, just sand and paint the mirror housings and be done with it.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
is anyone going to see those parts? If not, then you have nothing to worry about.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think they'd look fine after you sand it away and paint it. i saw your build up pics. NICE job.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i mean, that corner looks like it'll be pretty much covered up by the fender...no..?

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im not usually a fan of american cars but i must say that urs is nice