paint problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc5_dy

hello there.. i just want know if there's a temporary solution for this kind of problem.. thanks in advance!

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not really.... I would just re-paint if it matters that much to you.

Trekk

Registered VIP
Nope! That is the clear coat lifting. Once it gets to that point it all needs to sanded off and the car needs a full repaint.

dc5_dy

Not really.... I would just re-paint if it matters that much to you.
Nope! That is the clear coat lifting. Once it gets to that point it all needs to sanded off and the car needs a full repaint.
oh man.. i dont to spend too much money on repainting the whole car.. :(

Trekk

Registered VIP
Paint can be a $$$$$ thing. I want to get one of my cars repainted and most good shops are telling me $4,300ish and 6-9 weeks. That's a high end job, with all windows and trim removed.

The lower end stuff can be around $2000 they just mostly mask off the stuff and you might be able to tell if you look close.

Then you got the Maaco type paint jobs that are like $900 and if you are with in 5 feet of the car you can tell lol.

I repainted my civic myself. I already owned a big compressor, but with a cheap gun and cheap single stage paint, tape paper ect, total cost was a little over $200. That was my first ever paint job, the first time I rushed a little, and wasted some paint, so I bought another gallon $80 and added 3 more coats of paint a few months later. THB my car looks better then 90% of the civics on the road down here in FL. Most down here look a little worse then your car thanks to the sun.

From this

To this

inukiller5

5+ Year Member
i have tried the plasti dip.. honestly dont do the spray can plastidip.. if your doing just wheels or a section go ahead... if you are planning on doing the whole car... order the pro car kit..

Eg Civic Hatch

You don't need to respray the whole car, only the panels that have clear coming off which is usually, the top of the guards bonnet roof and boot lid

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You don't need to respray the whole car, only the panels that have clear coming off which is usually, the top of the guards bonnet roof and boot lid
OP hasn't come back in months.

Either way, once the clear gets to that point of failure sun and weather start to damage the base coat as well. When you respray, if you only do those panels you mentioned, it won't match without blending properly and if you are going through the trouble of blending that much surface area, you might as well respray the whole car. That or have mismatched panels...

Eg Civic Hatch

OP hasn't come back in months.

Either way, once the clear gets to that point of failure sun and weather start to damage the base coat as well. When you respray, if you only do those panels you mentioned, it won't match without blending properly and if you are going through the trouble of blending that much surface area, you might as well respray the whole car. That or have mismatched panels...
We've done stuff where the customer only wants roof rear quarters front guards and bonnet but not the doors we just colour match as best we can, then just clear the doors takes 10 mins to prep doors for clear as long as they are good and don't have clear peeling off them.

Obviously it's better to do the whole car but you have choices IMO the whole car should be done but some people like to cheap out on stuff :roll:

BigCountryCivic

That Sh*T will buff out
everyone is right, that is clear coat lifting. The only way is to repaint. If you just want something shiny and dont care about quality do a maco special.

Status
Not open for further replies.