"Paint shop" idea?

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
So i'm wanting to paint a few things this summer. My HX wheels, my sideskirts, a lip possibly, and my longboard(just for fun). In the past when i've painted, its all been done outside in the grass on either news paper or grocery paper bags or something, but for that much stuff that size i had an idea. We have an old ass tent in my garage that no one has touched in 15 years or so cuz it smells like ass. i thought that would work pretty well to block wind, keep out debris and prevent overspray from getting onto my dads c6 and my moms es350. any opinions?

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds good, but make sure u clean out the tent really well. after theyve been in a garage or wutever for a while, they can get a little smelly and dirty. just some lil advice, idk much about painting tho. gl with it man

MajEK

Cry Some More
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Grab a hose and spray it down real good. My tent always had sand and bugs n s**t in it so if you wanna make a nice booth spray it all down and cut a hole in the floor to drain.

Good luck.

desiscrubs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not a bad idea....just make sure it is properly ventilated, and wear a mask!! g'luck

HighRevSi

5+ Year Member
that will work just fine for a small project like this. clean it out and hose it down. when you're ready to paint prior to putting anything down lay some water on the floor.(just a mist) this will keep you dust and over spray down and when you spray it won't lift up as much dust. you could get a cheap 24 inch spuare fan (like at walmart) adn put it at the opennig of the tent. seal the edges and have the fan pushing the air outwards. thats going to help you breathe better see better and it going to slowly take out the overspray. i know you don't want to paint all over your parents cars so if you got a backyard thats where i'd setup shop. are you going to rattle can it or do you actually got spray guns and a compressor? if you got any other questions or if i can help you out let me know. this is pretty much my side job. airbrushing and custom painting cars.

o0kuam0o

Master of Ceremonies
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
C6 and es350? have your parents pay to get that ish painted! haha jk.. sounds like a good plan tho